Older Baby Loss

cfjs

Reaction score
Do we have anyone here who has gone through a tragic baby death? From a few weeks to 1 years?
:sad:

Hi cfjs, I haven’t gone through this myself but a few years ago my little baby nephew passed away when he was just 5 days old, he was born with major heart issues which were picked up at the anomaly scan, and the prognosis from there onwards was pretty grim, nobody expected that he would survive and his mum was recommended to terminate for medical reasons but she didn’t want to, he hung on for a few days when he was born, even though everybody expected it, it was still utterly terrible and heartbreaking when he passed away, it affected me so much more then I thought it was going too, not sure if that information is any use to you lol but I didn’t want to read and run

Hi cfjs, I haven’t gone through this myself but a few years ago my little baby nephew passed away when he was just 5 days old, he was born with major heart issues which were picked up at the anomaly scan, and the prognosis from there onwards was pretty grim, nobody expected that he would survive and his mum was recommended to terminate for medical reasons but she didn’t want to, he hung on for a few days when he was born, even though everybody expected it, it was still utterly terrible and heartbreaking when he passed away, it affected me so much more then I thought it was going too, not sure if that information is any use to you lol but I didn’t want to read and run

Every minute is precious, and as his Auntie, you will still feel that grief, the loss of your much wanted nephew will still have hit you hard..:hugs:

I lost my lil boy at 11 months old, suddenly and unexpectedly and eve now 10 years on, we never got a reason..

Last edited:

Every minute is precious, and as his Auntie, you will still feel that grief, the loss of your much wanted nephew will still have hit you hard..:hugs:

I lost my lil boy at 11 months old, suddenly and unexpectedly and eve now 10 years on, we never got a reason..

Oh my gosh cfjs I’m so sorry, that’s awful, it’s so scary what life has waiting just around the corner for us sometimes, you are right, every single minute is precious x

Oh my gosh cfjs I’m so sorry, that’s awful, it’s so scary what life has waiting just around the corner for us sometimes, you are right, every single minute is precious x

Defo, hold onto those you love with all your heart, life can be taken in the blink of an eye

I know this is an old thread. I was actually pregnant with my 4th when this was created.. he was born 12 days later. He was such a content, happy little boy right up until his last few hours in this world.
He passed in his sleep 4 weeks and 3 days ago just 2 days after he sat up for the first time by himself without support.. he was 5months and 24days old. We had his final journey yesterday afternoon.
I wouldn’t wish this pain on anyone, no parent should have to go through this - it’s the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do. I miss my little boy more as every day passes and this pain will never go away - it’s like an emptiness that will never be filled, I had my final kisses and cuddles on wednesday at 5pm and I wish I could of had more, I wish he didn’t have to go, I wish I could of seen him grow, seen his first toothy smile (they had only just broke through his little gums), seen him crawl, seen his first steps, first drawing, first day at school, congratulated him on his first job, having children of his own, been there on his wedding day.. instead of planning his first birthday I’ve had to plan his funeral, instead of gifts and toys to play with he will have flowers, ornaments and lights to sit on his resting place. I know this may be abit long and to some it may be hard to read through. X

Oh my god QQ, that is the most hideous, unthinkable thing that can happen. I don't even have the words. There are certain things that just shouldn't even be in the realm of possibility, and losing a baby is at the top of that list. It is beyond comprehension and my heart breaks for you. Please know I'm thinking about you and sending my thoughts your way.

cfjs, the same to you - that was an unthinkable loss and the pain must be indescribable. Sending you love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back