old wives' tales-fact or friction?

annem

Reaction score
Are any of these true for you?

-craving sweet things if its a girl

-the ring on thread test

-if you gain weight all over its a girl. If you mainly gain weight on the bump its a boy.

-if your partner gains weight as well its a girl.

-carrying baby low its a boy and high its a girl.

-difference in foetal heart rate. Its faster if its a girl.

definitely not...especially where the bump is. Mine has always been low but I'm having a girl.

annem said:

-craving sweet things if its a girl - i had a boy and i craved melon, hot cross buns and mash potato

-the ring on thread test -- didn't bother trying

-if you gain weight all over its a girl. If you mainly gain weight on the bump its a boy. - true for me, i was all baby

-if your partner gains weight as well its a girl. - nat did and we had a boy

-carrying baby low its a boy and high its a girl. - low for me and he was a boy

-difference in foetal heart rate. Its faster if its a girl. - no idea, his heart rate was healthy, i didn't know if it was on the low or high side of healthy, all i cared was that it was healthy :)

I had a boy:

-craving sweet things if its a girl - My main cravings were for cheese & onion crisps & ice lollies (and chalk!)

-the ring on thread test - Didn't do this as not married so no wedding ring

-if you gain weight all over its a girl. If you mainly gain weight on the bump its a boy. - I gained weight all over & have the stretch marks on my bum & legs to prove it

-if your partner gains weight as well its a girl. - OH gained weight but probably because I used to pig out a lot when pregnant & he felt that he should join in too!

-carrying baby low its a boy and high its a girl. I carried fairly central so hard to say. My sister was sure I was having a girl though because of my bump.

-difference in foetal heart rate. Its faster if its a girl. Austin's heart rate was usually between 110 & 130 so fairly slow for an unborn baby

annem said:

-craving sweet things if its a girl - haven't craved anything except ice cold drinks/ice lollies

-the ring on thread test - didn't do it - i reckon that your hand would just move in the direction of the sex your hoping for!

-if you gain weight all over its a girl. If you mainly gain weight on the bump its a boy. - ive gained weight on my bump and hips and thats it. no where else, not even boobies :(

-if your partner gains weight as well its a girl. - he's a pig anyway, but yes he's put weight on

-carrying baby low its a boy and high its a girl. - could be true... my bumps all hard at the top where baby is and soft at the bottom

-difference in foetal heart rate. Its faster if its a girl. - could be true also, my babys heartbeat was 149bpm

so far thats true for me!

-the ring on thread test
didn't even bother with this test

-if you gain weight all over its a girl. If you mainly gain weight on the bump its a boy.
I've only gained weight on my bump and I'm having a girl

he's on a diet!

-carrying baby low its a boy and high its a girl.
I'm carrying low and it's a girl

-difference in foetal heart rate. Its faster if its a girl
no idea about this one!

annem said:

-craving sweet things if its a girl -yes

-the ring on thread test - didn't try

-if you gain weight all over its a girl. If you mainly gain weight on the bump its a boy. - only bump & boobs mostly

-if your partner gains weight as well its a girl. - yes

-carrying baby low its a boy and high its a girl. - no carrying low & i'm having a girl

-difference in foetal heart rate. Its faster if its a girl.- not sure

annem said:

-craving sweet things if its a girl yes but also craved savoury

-the ring on thread test not tried it

-if you gain weight all over its a girl. If you mainly gain weight on the bump its a boy. Ive mainly gained weight on my bump but having a girl

-if your partner gains weight as well its a girl. partner hasnt gained weight

-carrying baby low its a boy and high its a girl. Depends on babys position

-difference in foetal heart rate. Its faster if its a girl.not sure

Half true... but i had cravings for any food lol-
the ring on thread test
Didn't do the ring test :?

-if you gain weight all over its a girl. If you mainly gain weight on the bump its a boy. I was told from behind you couldn't even tell i was pregnant..

Didn't see him enough to notice :x

-carrying baby low its a boy and high its a girl. I was carrying high

-difference in foetal heart rate. Its faster if its a girl.

Never really noticed :?

-craving sweet things if its a girl-i craved sweet with my girl and boy

-the ring on thread test - didnt try

-if you gain weight all over its a girl. If you mainly gain weight on the bump its a boy. -true for both my pregnancies

-if your partner gains weight as well its a girl. -not true

-carrying baby low its a boy and high its a girl. -not true

-difference in foetal heart rate. Its faster if its a girl.ryans heart was faster than millies
[/b]

-craving sweet things if its a girl: nope with neither daughter.. only salty or savory.

-the ring on thread test: mathematical probability, you do it enough times it will tell you a boy/girl... mines done both.

-if you gain weight all over its a girl. If you mainly gain weight on the bump its a boy: I gained weight all over with Tia, but this time everyone said I have a boy bump.

-if your partner gains weight as well its a girl: Sniggers... :rotfl: he's only gained weight because he eats crap and sits at a computer all day.. :roll:

-carrying baby low its a boy and high its a girl: Tia was high... but this one is very low.

They are all rubbish really... Of course they will be right for some women, but for an equal amount they won't..

-difference in foetal heart rate. Its faster if its a girl: pssf... I had a midwife with Tia who said she would be a boy based on her hb... :roll: :rotfl:

annem said:
Are any of these true for you? I had a girl

-craving sweet things if its a girl Didn't really have cravings

-the ring on thread test Didn't do it

-if you gain weight all over its a girl. If you mainly gain weight on the bump its a boy. Only bump weight

-if your partner gains weight as well its a girl. OH stayed the same

-carrying baby low its a boy and high its a girl. Carried high

-difference in foetal heart rate. Its faster if its a girl. Didn't buy a heart rate monitor

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back