old wive tales

Sarah&Braydon

Reaction score
hi every one i am 36 w n 2 days preg and cant wait till i get to 38 weeks as my midwife say i can start to bring on labour then - really want my baby now - but i was wondering if anyone knows anything that has worked for them or friends PLEASE help
sarah and bubba

Hello

i think more sex, hot spicy food, apparantly bring labour on quickly. lol

i am due on the 23 sept to. :eek: :lol: :shock: :roll:

Norma

LOL when people say "a baby comes when its ready" although it gets annoying to hear it..but its true..
like you i started at about 37 weeks trying to induce my labour... tried sex, spicy food, raspberry leaf tea (since 36 wks), clary sage oil even double dosage!... and still nothing i have 1 week and 1 day left. i bet i go waay over. i know how ya feel its a right pain in the ass bein pregnant for so long

if you do find a method that works tho plz let me know im desperate xx

sex worked for me, i had my two a week early

driving fast over speed bumps worked for my friend too

Hiya

Another thing that Ive seen on some sites is Pineapples !! Apparently they have a natural substance that can induce labour. So its Curry followed by Pineapples with Raspberry leaf Tea after a long walk and Sex !!!!

Good Luck !!!

Ragna xxxxx

None of that worked for me and I even had my membranes swept 3 times(2 of the sweeps in one day)! I had to be induced and had my baby 2 weeks late! I do know that the raspberry leaf tea just tones the uterus and doesn't start labor.

You can try all of those things because you might be one of the people it works for. Good Luck! :)

as much as i would love the sex part dont think it will happen specially as my other half has done a runner lol

On the pineapple front, I have some not so great news, firstly it has to be fresh pineapple. I remember chating to mel and she said how she had been eating tins and tins of the stuff. Unfortunatly what you need is the enzyme in pineapple which is lost in the tinning or jucing process. Also, to get enough of it to actually have an effect means muching your way through about 7 of them!! So pineapple probably isnt the best way to go.
Sex is the best, as not only does sperm contain posgladulins (sp?) that can start of contractions but the penis ahm, 'massages' the cervix to help soften and dialate it, if you dont have a man at the mo, or you just dont fancy trying to engage in whale sex, try using a vibrator!
Also anything that sets the bowels off is a good bet (like a hot curry) as the uterus and bowels are closely linked they set each other off, hence why its common to suffer the squits in early labour. Do not however try to use caster oil to do this, as not only does it give you very nasty dioreah and dehydrates you (making labour even harder cause you cant keep fluids inside you) but it also causes foetal distress and crosses the placenta so baby can poop in its fluids and inhale it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back