old people

Babylicious

Reaction score
was in morrisons today shopping and the lady on the till said, ooooo u carrying low you'll be having that baby soon I was like :shock:

:) :)

one minute i've got people telling me what a small bump i have - then other people go "oh my gosh, aren't you huge"!!!

:rotfl:

I wouldnt take too much notice I think some people just like to say something when they havent a clue really :roll: :roll:

Oh if I had a pound for each time somebody told me I was about to go or how enormous I was I'd be a rich woman. :)

I used to be tempted to blatantly lie and bring my due date forward just so I didn't feel such an enormous beast! Then when I discovered I was carrying too much fluid with polyhydroamnios I felt the need to share this info with everyone who mentioned my massive size untl I sort of thought to myself- Does the queue in Marks and Spencers really want such a detailed insight into my medical history whilst they wait to pay for their lunch? Er probably not! :oops:

I wouldn't dwell upon it- every bump looks different dependant on your own shape and size, what time of day it is and even in different clothes! Best to just smile and get on with the task of lugging your heavy shopping off home!

xxxxxxxxx

People are soooo rude! My husbands Step Dad is the one I need to watch out for. I was a size 8 before I got married and when he saw me eating a cup cake he said "shouldn't you be watching your weight" - wanker! He'll be the one dropping all the coments about how much weight I am gaining. I can't wait to retort, I'm pregnant what's your excuse?

It's not so much my bump - it's my huge knockers that are getting mentioned by my mates.... not sure whether to feel flattered or offended :shock: :oops: :? :roll:

Zodiac said:
It's not so much my bump - it's my huge knockers that are getting mentioned by my mates.... not sure whether to feel flattered or offended :shock: :oops: :? :roll:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Flattered...definately

cxcx

Why do people feel they have to comment on how big you are. It really makes me mad. My OH's stepdad is the worst calling me fatty every time I see him. Or ''when are you due to launch chubs''

One days i'm gonna belt the tw@t right in his gob.

I was a size 8 before pregnancy and this week I really have got huge all of a sudden but what do people expect??

Sorry I could go on all day ranting :evil:

It is horrible. People seem to forget that only a few months ago you were a fully functioning, normal, size conscious, woman. That doesn't stop during pregnancy, of course you'll put weight on and grow a bump but there are much nicer and tactful ways to put it that can make you feel really nice "Good God you're the size of a house/That's got to be twins/etc" when your only 12 weeks along aint it!

ClareBear said:
Then when I discovered I was carrying too much fluid with polyhydroamnios I felt the need to share this info with everyone who mentioned my massive size

I have the opposite, I have oligohydramnios and people still tell me I'm huge! Nobody ever asks me how myself or the baby are, all I get is 'Wow look how big you are!! You're never 6 and a half months??'
Unfortunately I have a family who are completely obsessed with size, it seems my Mum and Sisters only concern is getting me to diet and exercise after the baby is born, I'm actually having a diet and fitness plan drawn up for me right now..Oh yeah, I get the usual 'Chunky' 'Tubs' and 'Fatty' from them too :roll:

poppy160 said:
ClareBear said:
Then when I discovered I was carrying too much fluid with polyhydroamnios I felt the need to share this info with everyone who mentioned my massive size

I have the opposite, I have oligohydramnios and people still tell me I'm huge! Nobody ever asks me how myself or the baby are, all I get is 'Wow look how big you are!! You're never 6 and a half months??'
Unfortunately I have a family who are completely obsessed with size, it seems my Mum and Sisters only concern is getting me to diet and exercise after the baby is born, I'm actually having a diet and fitness plan drawn up for me right now..Oh yeah, I get the usual 'Chunky' 'Tubs' and 'Fatty' from them too :roll:

Oh bless you! They are probably just trying to make you feel normal still-it's the only time you'll be able to feel fully justified eating what you wish & looking as nature intended so guess we should just enjoy it :wink:

Are you having any special care with your oligohydramnios? I had to have a raft of tests which found noyhing and fluid level scans twice weekly for a time! I scared myself silly with Googling it too- still fingers crossed it'll all be ok for us.

xxxxxx

My family have always been obsessed with my weight, pregnant or not. The main thing is OH doesn't care what I look like..and he's seen me in some bad states!!
Yeah they're keeping an eye on my low fluid, I'm having scans every 2 weeks and growth scans every 4. They aren't mega concerned as the fluid is still classed as 'Normal' just the lowest possible normal it can be..but they still say I have oligohydramnios. Baby is still growing normally (well, at my last growth scan she was, have another one on Wednesday) and they can see she is moving fine, placenta is doing its job. They just say it's 'One of those things.'
I've had no tests, when I first found out about it I googled it and most of the websites said really scary stuff, they also found the umbillical cord had only 2 arteries instead of 3 so I was reading up about that and the websites again were so negative..but baby is completley normal, and docs aren't too concerned so I've banned myself from googling it :lol:

People seem to think that when you are pregnant, you body is public property and they can comment on how big your bum has got, or your 'Child bearing hips', or show big/small you are, carrying low/high.

At work i get pudding tummy, thunder thighs, comments on how i've grown over night. :evil:

But actually the baby didnt grow for 3 weeks and had to have scans to make sure all is ok. People still say ive grown :think:

I still fit into my normal size 8 jeans AND can do up the button. So when i get the bum and hip comments im thinking where on earth does that come from :| I know myself that they havent got much bigger, only a tiny bit noticable myself only. :lol: and who are you comparing me too?

Drives you mad. :x :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back