Old c section scar

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Emmam1982, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Emmam1982

Emmam1982 Well-Known Member

Noticed pain in one side of my old section scar (9 years ago), I'm not sure if it's anything to worry about, can't find anything definite on Google. The pain isn't stopping me from doing anything but I'm very aware of it, it's only on the right side and only on about an inch of the scar.
    Any ideas??

2. BunnyN

BunnyN Well-Known Member

Maybe it could be nerve damage? Sometimes damaged nerves hurt when they are trying to repair themselves and begin getting feeling back. Does it feel more on the surface, or more deap, like its inside you?

3. Sarah_sun

Sarah_sun Well-Known Member

I had this quite a lot before little one was born. I put it down to scar tissue x

4. BunnyN

BunnyN Well-Known Member

Sorry somehow I missed the fact you are pregnant:wall2: Sounds like its the scar tissue stretching indead. Sounds like its probably normal. The only concern would be that the scar could actually rupture but that isnt very common. Maybe ask a MW or doc about it if it keeps bothering you.

5. Emmam1982

Emmam1982 Well-Known Member

I went to get checked and they think it's baby pushing on my scar causing the pain. It eased the next day so think they was right x

6. BunnyN

BunnyN Well-Known Member

Glad its okay.