Ok so names...

Discussion in 'Baby Names' started by SpinSugar, Aug 3, 2013.

1. SpinSugar

SpinSugar Well-Known Member

So we keep changing our mind on names but we both love Nathaniel for a boy. But I'm struggling to think of a middle name to go with it.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Xx

2. Dotty_woman

Dotty_woman Well-Known Member

Haven't a clue as I'm not going for a middle name myself. It does depend upon your surname so for example if your surname was Smith, I'd personally avoid anything beginning with S as it may not sound right. As you've chosen a first name with a lot of syllables, I'd go for something shorter (not saying these are suitable names but something like John, David, Ethan, Lucas that only has 2 syllables or less) so you don't lose the impact of your chosen name. There are quite a few middle name generators on the Internet that can suggest middle names. Might be worth a try? xxx

3. SpinSugar

Thank you dotty - I said to hubby we needed a short middle name to fit with the long first name and he looked at me like I was MAD!
    Surname is Martin. My fave is Owen so far. Might have a look at some of the generators, thanks

Xx

4. RaeRae90

RaeRae90 Well-Known Member

I love Nathaniel! Mainly cause I love it being shortened to Nate, but my OH is not keen =[
    I always loved Nathaniel James =]

5. SpinSugar

I love James as a name, and Jamie. Unfortunately its my exs name :-\ and yes, I love nate too lol

Xx

6. Dotty_woman

Dotty_woman Well-Known Member

Owen works well. Glad you didn't think I'm bonkers! ;). I've got a friend in his twenties call Nathaniel and he uses Nate and it really suits him. Good to pick a name that works well when you get older, not just as a child and that hits the spot. xxx