OK, so I've hit the dreaded 22 week mark...

debecca

Reaction score
Some of you may know due to my previous posts that my mum lost her first two baby girls at 22 weeks due to an incompetent cervix, and I've been told that it's unlikely to be hereditary and they don't routinely check for problems anyway.

SO I'm 22 weeks today and will remain 22 weeks right over Christmas. I am going to attempt not to worry :wall: and in a week's time I shall be celebrating.

With Schloer. Clearly.

could you not ask your midwife just to have a quick check to put your mind at ease??
im sure all will be fine hun :)
manda xx

I did ask the doctor last week and she said that even if my cervix was closed then there were no guarantees so it was better just to stop worrying. I'm attempting to stop worrying but it's hard!

Squiglet's advice really helped though - I think her mum went through something similar but Squiglet was OK. Hope I've got the person right!!!

Anyway go Connie we'll be fine :cheer:

Relax and enjoy Christmas- Although I understand your concerns. Your mum did manage to carry you to term I presume so try to think of that and stay positive. Enjoy the celebrations over Christmas and when you reach 23 weeks! I'll raise a lime and lemonade in your honour! :cheer:

She only carried me to term because she had a massive stitch put in her cervix :doh: - and even with that my brother was 6 weeks early!

But I am not my mother. I just wish she were here so I could actually ask her more questions about it, it's rubbish knowing enough to make me worry but not enough to have all the facts...

:hug: :hug: :hug: It's a shame it's fallen on the xmas week.
Try not to worry, if it's not hereditary it shouldn't be a problem for you

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I can understand why you are worried. To be honest, I was a little concerned last week when I was 22 weeks too because some people on the forum had mentioned losing babies at this stage. But it was all ok. :cheer:

Try not to think about it and have a really lovely Christmas, I just know you're going to be great :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I hope you manage to have a fantastic Christmas.

I don't know if following my weird routine would help you any, but I refuse to get out of bed until I feel baby kick in the morning. I keep a bottle of water by my bed, take a drink of it in the morning and the cold wakes baby and he kicks a bit. That way I know he's OK. I had bleeding one day, which was very scary and if I'd felt him kick before I had got up to the loo and noticed it wouldn't have been anywhere near as scary.

I'll be thinking of you over the holidays.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Try not to worry hun im sure everything is fine its a shame it has fallen on xmas week but then you should have something to take your mind of it. If you are really worried about something then im sure your midwife is around to talk to. I wondered how you got on at the docs about it, im sure if they thought it was hereditary and you were at risk then they would be keeping a closer eye on you.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back