OK so it's the positive i've been waiting for...what next?!

Betty-Boop

Reaction score
So i'm pregnant, i'm very happy! :D

I know i must make an appiontment to see the doctor which i'm going to do but how do they work out how far gone i am?! x

They ask you the date of the start of your last period. They can (or you can) work it out from there (try the BBC website under parenting and pregnancy calendar). When I first saw the doctor she felt my tummy to see if I was indeed 6 weeks pregnant rather than 6 months (as can apparently happen...) and then I had to make an appointment to see my midwife. I think I saw her around 8 weeks.

When you go for your 12 week scan they can tell pretty accurately how far gone you are and will change your due date even by a day or two.

Kewl.

Well if i'm honest i really don't know when my last period was but i'm guessing around the 15thish! (when it ended!) so probably about the 10th when it started.

I'll go to the doctors monday to find out what they think!! As soon as i find out how far gone i am i can start planning! x

Hiya all,

Got an appiontment with the docor today was excited till i found out its a locum and not my current doctor. I used to be at my family doctors then got moved to the doctors near me when i brought my house. I wish i could go bk to my family doctor he knows me my mum and my mums mum!

I wouldn't mind so much if it was my current doctor but i'm scared this ocum might judge me (because of my age etc?!)

I'm scared now! - Appiontment at 9.00!

xxxx

How old are you?

I saw a locum when they thought this pregnancy was ectopic and he was so lovely. He pulled out all the stops and sent me to the hospital to get a check up straight away. He even phoned me at home later that night to check how things were.

Awww thanks thats calmed me down!

I'm off now will be bac on when i get home!! xxx

Hiya.

He was a really nice doctor! - Understanding and supportive.

Going to see the midwife on Friday 30th November

The doctor thinks i'm about 6-7 weeks gone but i really want to know exactly how far gone! lol

Is it OK for me to get excited and start planning now or should i wait a while? I'm so scared of getting excited then loseing it...?

xXx

When was your LMP and how long are your cycles - this might make it easier to determine how far gone you are?

As for buying things - this is a personal thing. Some people (including myself) want to wait until the 12 week stage has passed others can't wait to get out and do some shopping. There is no right or wrong answer just do what is best for you and the baby.

Do you have support from your OH about the baby?

Hiya,

Yeah me and the OH live together, we were shocked that it happened so fast but happy all the same only brought our house in April 07. My mum is being helpful to, she had me at about the same age so is being very understanding, shes just a bit shocked thats shes going to be a Nanny at 38! lol

The only people i'm scared of telling is my Dad and Stepmum as they have young children the youngest being only 18 monts! So my lil sister will be an aunt at 2!!

Matts parents also i'm wondering what their reaction will be as they keep sounding like they want grandchildren its just what they will say when i say you'll be having them very soon!!

I think i'll start planning but not buying until my first scan!

xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back