Ok, so don't laugh...

LouiseB

Reaction score
...but, i'm thinking of becoming...

...an acupuncturist :shock:

Every family member that i have told has so far started to laugh :oooo:

I'm still reading up about it at the moment and i've been looking for something that i can do in a self-employed position and charge a fortune.

Whether or not it is a proven teatment, there is no denying that it does actually help some people to feel better.

Not me. But other people. I like helping other people.

Some maths for you:
My acu lady sees 40-60 people per week at £38 each and that is an annual earning of £79040 - £118,560 :shock:

Plus i can specilise in infertility and connect with people who are going through the same thing as me :)

The reading that i have done is actually sounding quite plausible. Basically comparing conventional medicine as treating one symptom with artifical drugs that in themselves cause more symptoms whereas acupucture treats the whole body based upon believing the symptom is simply an expression of a general imbalance in a person's "energy flow".

That is as far as i've got so far anyway - i'm only on chapter 2 :whistle:

So... what do you think? Is it a joke occupation and i should go for something a bit more mainstream or does it sould like a good idea?

Last edited:
Hey Lou :wave:
Hope you are well & nearly ready for the festivities
I think you should go for it, especially if it is something you really want to do & I certainly don't think it's a joke occupation at all, if it makes you happy then that's all that matters
xxx

Thanks Kezza :) Congrats on your new job too, although i don't know where it is :oooo:

Go for it.
The lady I use to see was fully trained in the needle bit but not allowed to give out any tablets etc as she hadn't done that course. She still charged 40 euros per appointment and trained to be able to do tablets at the same time (iykwim). Her books were always totally full.

As she focused on infertility she also did deals if we both went so it was cheaper, while I had needles put in my body my hubby was in the chair having just needles in his ears and vice versa.

Good luck and go for it.

Another thing you may be interested in looking into is rei key? Which is short courses but really taking off, and should keep you busy. It has even been installed in some physio departments and hospitals! x

Aww thanks Lou :) It's in Kalkan, Turkey.......I am sooooo excited :yay:
2012 is definately the year for things to happen
xxx

I think that if you really want it you should go out and do it. People who laugh t you arent worth your time. Good luck hun xx

Hon I pay up to £80.00 per session in London! and that is without the tablets and lotions and potions I am given! Go for it!!!!

Gizz xxxx

You can be my first client Gizzy and i'll even give you a 10% discount from your usual fee ;)

I loved having acupuncture and looked into training for it myself but just had too much going on to follow it through. It worked wonders for me and has been known to be beneficial for alot of things from fertility to pain relief in terminal care.

I'd say go for it I really would....you can make a lifetime of difference to people without synthetic drugs and invasive treatment xxxxxxxxx

i think you should defo go for it xxxxxxxx

I think it sounds pretty much like a perfect job. You get to make lots of money, and help people at the same time! Sounds good! How do you go about training- are there courses you need to attend? Can you do any at home? Good luck Lou xxx

It's a full time three year degree at univerity so i need to apply asap. They want £9000 for the full course so it ain't cheap :shock:

I was just worried that it might be perceived as a mickey mouse course which would probably put me off at some point.

if you can relate to other couples from experiencing the same thing, i think this is a FAB idea, hope it works out!!

Sounds like a good idea, mil who's a head nurse has and believes in acupuncture ..:)

Xx

I've been doing some work on complimentary therapies recently and i would say deffo. It's becoming more recognised by the 'normal' medical model that it is inportant to treat the body as a whole and not just treat an illness. I think it's a great idea x

Aw thanks for your support everyone. I think i'll def go for it :)

I read another chapter and apparently if you don't behave like the season, then the next season you will express a weakness in a particular part of your body.

During winter we should be be early to bed, up at sunrise and generally conserving our energy and emotions. Our pores should stay closed, so no exercise and things. We shouldn't have much sex. If not, you will get an imbalance in your "liver" which i think is your digestion and possibly reproduction but i haven't got that far yet but it's lower abdomen so maybe :)

Last edited:
:rofl: ........ ha ha ha ha ..... someone had to laugh ;-)

What is it that you wrote when I asked about acupuncture .... and I quote

I don't believe in it to be perfectly honest but if you want to give it a go and it relaxes you, then no harm done i guess :smile:

To me it is just in the same camp as legs in the air after sex - no one comments on all the times they did it and didn't get pregnant but if they do it and they do get pregnant then it was clearly due to that :oooo:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

You know I am only messing with yah :lol:

The funniest thing tho is when I was having mine done I also considered learning acu as well as there is loads of money to be made :rofl:

lol! I know Vicky, i know! :lol:

I've already had to suck it up because Laura (Olive) has been putting up with me ranting on her acupuncturist for about a year lol

You just lost your discount btw :whistle:

Last edited:
I think it sounds good! What's the history behind it? How long has it been used. I think you would be really good from reading your posts you sound like you would work hard at it and enjoy it! To get a profession you enjoy is difficult these days so go for it! Also £9000?! That is steep!! Can you get any help with that? You will be in low income etc maybe get grant funded or try and weigh out that you will get reduced council tax, tax credits etc?! Are you still having sessions yourself? luck! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back