Ok now i'm embarassed

BellaRiven

Reaction score
Ok so it appears that one or more of my darling neices and nephews has given me blinkin NITS, personally I blame the mothers not checking the blighters.:lol::lol:

Does anyone know how to get rid of them, I have combed most of them out and it is a bit easier not so itchy but I just wanna make sure I got them all.

I will most definately be checking my boy every week when he gets old enough to get them......

ring doctors see if you can use nit lotion as a last resort but its that or the comb as far as I know hun x

oh hun!! how awful.

Can you use the insecticide? Or is it not recommended during pregnancy? :hug:

I swear to you... I read that as bikini nits!!! I was sooooo confused I re read it 4 times!!! Go I'm tired today!

I swear to you... I read that as bikini nits!!! I was sooooo confused I re read it 4 times!!! Go I'm tired today!

I read it as bikini nuts lol

nothing to be embarrassed about though, kids get them all the time lol

That made me chuckle in an otherwise bad bad day lol xx

I don' think you can use anything, I think call to the midwife on Monday is in order, stoopid sisters!!!

You can get nit lotion with no harmful pesticides. Just check with pharmacy.xx

i also read bikini nits, had to re read...
Have u tried conditioner, leave it for 5 to 10 mins and then use the nit comb as the nits stick to the conditioner x

U can use vinegar, u might smell for a little while but my sister is pregnant and she got them and dr told her to use vinegar to be safe and it works. We both have really blonde hair and it was ok on her hair x

hi my kids had them ggrrr and i got a nitty gritty comb best thing ever it even gets the eggs out it does cost 10 tho but well worth it x

Ohhh I feel for you...those little suckers were the bane of my life when my daughter was little. She had beautiful long hair and caught them numerous times...I would litrally sit there for several hours till I got every egg out, it was a nightmare!!!!

I just came from my mum where I hugged my nephew and she said be careful I think he has nits...I ran to other side of room coz my hair is waist length and there is no way I could comb through it all!

Nothing I used worked to kill them only thing that worked for me was patience...picking out every egg and lice one by one, someone else would have the pleasure of doing that for you ....or you could always shave your head :oooo:

you ....or you could always shave your head :oooo:

Funny enough my BIL just said the same thing to me as I think it's his kids that gave it to me, I said to him no no I am far to vain to do that and I am proud to admit it too lol!! :lol::lol::lol:

lol...me too x

I sooo envied my brother shaving his boys hair off while I sat there for several hours combing through my daughters :wall2:

unfortunatley headlice in children of school age is inevitable, tea tree oil is good, you can get tea trea oil headlice shampoo, conditioner & leave in spray.

Explain to the childrens mum that you have noticed they seem to have headlice, it's a delicate subject with the majority of people though so needs to be handled as such. Is it deffinstley your nieces & nephews that they've come from? Try not to make a big deal of it though as it could upset the children which could put mum on the deffensive x

Aaaaah this thread has made me itchy!!!

p.s Sorry Bella, hope they go very soon! My mum always used to use conditioner - works a treat xx

Haha I know what you mean about the itchyness........Cyber nits oops sorry girls :)

Doodles, I sent them both a text, it has to be them I haven't been near any other kids in the last few weeks and they do have a habit of clambering all over me and hugging me lots ..... which is a good thing cept for the nits lol :)

Tea tree conditioner they hate the stuff and leave it in to comb through, wash with tea tree shampoo and condition again

Some over counter stuff is ok to use when pregnant I think

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back