Ohss?

lisey

Reaction score
Ladies who have had this, can you advise. I was given a sheet about it as I had a lot of eggs collected (13). I was very sore after collection and really bloated. The pain eased off but the big bloated belly stayed.
Then when I had the full bladder for transfer, I was really uncomfortable around ovary area, felt like alot of pressure. Today I have been feeling queasy on and off and its ramped up this evening. Still bloated and when had bowel movement (TMI). It felt quite painful on my ovaries. Does this sound like OHSS? I am 2dp5dt.
If it is, I am assuming its mild? What do they do? I obv don't want to take any painkillers xx

Hey Hun I had it mildly and I was in agony!! Could hardly breathe! Almost went to A&e but I did not have nausea, it took 5 days for mine to settle, rest loads and drink LOADS of water! If in doubt ring clinic tomorrow for their advice, better to be safe xx

I am not in agony. Maybe my ovaries are just a bit sore. I had extra fluid taken from follicles for research that we agreed to. Will see how it goes xx

Hi lisey, it could be mild ohss but keep an eye on it as pregnancy can make it worse. If you're feeling uncomfortable tomorrow I suggest contacting your clinic for advice or help as places seem to be less useful over the weekend. They may call you in to scan you. The main symptoms I experienced with it were bloating and excruciating pain ( from around 4-5 weeks pregnant).

I think you have to keep up the fluid intake to help with the bloating but hopefully your advice leaflet will give better suggestions.

I think paracetamol is ok in pregnancy if it becomes unbearable but again may be worth getting medical advice xx

I got ohss after transfer because i got pregnant. Around transfer i was sore but not too bad but then closer to test day ( think around 5-7 days after 5d transfer i was so bloated and in lots of pain! My belly was really big and hard. Mine was moderate to severe.

Keep an eye on it since it probably would get worse if you are pregnant because of the hormones! Xx

Thanks ladies. I will definitely keep an eye on it and call tomorrow for advice if still doesn't feel good. It seems to be more if there is pressure on ovaries xx

Sounds like a good plan :) at one point I looked about 5 or 6 months pregnant and could barely walk. I remember posting in the pregnancy chat forum just after I got a bfp "is it supposed to hurt this much?" And before then I had a job interview and ate only a banana all day because my tummy was swollen and I had to keep the top of my tights rolled down my hips as I was too squashed inside otherwise. I guess that was at just over 3 weeks pregnant (a few days after transfer).

Hope the bloating stays down for you xx

Last edited:
I am stuggling to eat too! Feeling quite uncomfortable again. Maybe because I am laying down. Just can't get comfy. Feel quite nauseous too. I shouldn't really be at risk of ohss though as I have very low amh. I looked over the advice sheet and it only has advice for ohss right after egg collection. I think I will call tomorrow just for reassurance xx

No advice Hun but hope you feel better and your rainbow bfp is around the corner!

Xx

Thanks maybe xx

I feel a bit better today. Went to bed very uncomfortable and feeling very sick but not so bad today. Feel nauseous but now just feel a little tender around ovaries xx

I have called the nurses line. Hopefully will hear soon xx

Not yet. I have been going google crazy and it says that OHSS after transfer can often mean pregnancy but I am not getting excited as its still so early xx

Hi Hun,

How are you getting on?

Did you speak to the nurses?

What dpt are you? Can you get a hcg blood test soon?

Xx

Yes it can mean pregnancy. I hope it's a good sign but I also hope you're feeling a bit better! Good luck xx

I went in for a scan. I don't have ohss (yet) but very big ovaries. They haven't recovered from egg collection and she said that could mean there is HCG aggravating them :) could be a good sign xx
I could have bloods done if I wanted I guess but think will wait it out til testing xx

Oooh I.do hope it's a good sign for you hun!

Got everything crossed for you!

XX

Ahh glad you're ok and excited for test day too! 😀

Xx

I do feel excited but scared of feeling let down if doesn't happen xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members