OH's weight problem- how to be sensitive?

sunnyland27

Reaction score
I haven't been on pf for a while because oh works away and we've missed ov times 2 months running. It's actually been amazing to not stress during the tww! I'm 2 days late with ridiculously sore bbs but not even thought of buying a test! been trying for 3 years 9 mths and been very worried about infertility for at least a year.

This sounds horrible but I'm getting really pissed off and disgusted by my oh because every time he comes home he's put on about a stone! He's getting really big now. He was huge as a kid but lost it in his late teens. I find it hard to talk to him about it because I can (and need to) eat twice as much as him and never put weight on, so I don't want to rub it in his face or sound like I don't fancy him any more- I do but it's getting ridiculous now and I worry about his health. Meanwhile I'm eating healthier than ever, taking supplements etc and getting horrible tests done. Every pound that goes on i see my chances of having babies disappear a little bit more. I don't want to start resenting him because of his weight.

I can't wait for him to come home in September so I can "skinny him up" for the winter by allowing him only carrot sticks lol. In the meantime any advice on how I can be firm but not hurt his feelings?

Edit: I just re-read this and think it makes me sound like a total bitch! just wanted to say that I'm not "fattist" or anything lol. I just needed to rant because he won't do anything to change our chances of ever conceiving. I like my partner being a bit chunky but not to the extent it's affecting his health.

Last edited:
Maybe bring up how you went to step up both of your lifestyles for the sake of ttc because its been x amount of time and maybe ' we both need to look after ourselves' il do this and maybe you could do that. Or have you both seen a doctor about fertility issues??? Of a doc thinks his weight is a concern for ttc they will tell him ... Takes the pressure off you then.

I agree with blanco, u could also suggest going on walks or some fitness activity? Xxx

It's a difficult one, my husband and I have both put weight on since our wedding last year so it's easier for me to say something to him as I say it about both of us. I agree with Lou I'd suggest some fitness that you can do together like big long walks, badminton, swimming? Maybe get a nice healthy cook book and try out some recipes together. Working away is a nightmare though, hotel food, beers during the week etc.

Good luck xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back