Ohhhhhh Beyonce!

Elliellie

Reaction score
I'd planned to use Ivy as a middle name if my LO is a girl as it was my Nanna's name & she passed away last year. Now everyone is going to think I've copied Beyonce!
Also, she was due at the end of feb like me. Would her early c section have been to preserve the figure?! Seems a bit wrong!

she didnt have a c section...it said on the news it was a natural delivery..?

Don't care about what anyone else thinks - you have a sentimental reason for choosing that name :)

And as for her apparent c-section, we'll never know! I personally don't even think she was pregnant to begin with. All seems very strange to me.

yehh she did have a c-section, and iv herd lot of celebs have them early so they don't get stretch marks etc. stupid!! shows where their priorities lie!! x

he he...i do wonder how she fit into the outfit at glastonbury.......

Don't care about what anyone else thinks - you have a sentimental reason for choosing that name :)

And as for her apparent c-section, we'll never know! I personally don't even think she was pregnant to begin with. All seems very strange to me.

^^This.

Did you see that clip of her belly bending in the middle?

Ivy was my nan's name too :D If that's the name you want hun then use it

I dunno about Beyonce tbh, the folding bump thing was puzzling but it's quite fashionable for celebrities to adopt so there's no need for cloak and dagger stuff. I think maybe she didn't show as much as she wanted to.

I don't reckon she adopted, I think they paid a surrogate. Just call me Marple. Lol

Plus, there was loads of secrecy around when she was due, no one actually knew. And the security around the hospital etc. Dunno, it just seems a little odd to me.

You could probably explain the rest, but not the bending bump! hahaha

I don't reckon she adopted, I think they paid a surrogate. Just call me Marple. Lol

:rofl:

I have heard they have the c-section at the side rather that in front to save having a scar to airbrush out. Baby is then squeezed round to be born but don't know the truth of it tbh

:rofl:

I have heard they have the c-section at the side rather that in front to save having a scar to airbrush out. Baby is then squeezed round to be born but don't know the truth of it tbh

Who knows? If she did grow the baby herself, then having seen that folding bump, anything is possible.. :lol:

Call your baby Ivy if you want to! It doesn't matter what other people think! And it won't take that long for people to forget what Beyonce's childs name is anyway.

I read that she was actually due in january, because she said in some interview or something that she was six months pregnant in september I think.. So her being due in February seems to have been a rumour, so if that is the case she actually did go to full term.

Having an early c-section doesn't necessarily help against stretchmarks either, I got most of mine in tri 2, and they've stayed the same since, some have even started to fade...

When it comes to the "folding bump" that to me makes it seem more real than fake. A fake bump would be harder and definitely not "fold" just from sitting down, while a real bump moves and changes when we move our bodies, use our muscles and bend over etc. Also, she was leaning forwards to sit down, which means the fabric of the dress was hanging straight down, while her belly was obviously a part of her body which was leaning back. It wasn't her belly that collapsed, just the dress that hung looser as she sat down...

When it comes to having a planned c-section and all the security I don't think that has anything to do with trying to "hide" anything, but rather just wanting to have some privacy. When you are that famous you don't want to end up going into labour in a store, or having paparazzi stalking you taking pictures and videos while you are on your way to the hospital having contractions, or being in a delivery room next to other people who might record your screams on their phones, try to sneak in to get pictures etc.

If anything having a c-section would be worse "cosmetically" than a natural birth, as no one would see any potential scars from a natural birth, so my personal opinion is that the section was done for safety and privacy reasons more than anything else.

I mean, do you have any idea how much money someone would get for a picture of beyonce in labour?? People would climb through 5th floor windows for that kind of money, and that's not something you want to have to worry about while giving birth! It's fine for the "rest" of us, because we get the privacy we want anyway, because no one cares. If this is how she had to do i to get some privacy than that's I think that's absolutely fine!

Last edited:
Ivy is one of my great aunt's name, and her sisters were all named after plants/ flowers. I think it is absolutely beautiful and traditional and I would never think it was because of Beyonce. So if you like it go for it!

I like the name Harper if we have a girl, but I liked it before the beckhams had their little girl. And mine will be Our Harper not someone else's.

If I heard the middle name as Ivy I wouldn't think of them. As you don't say your child's middle name often.
And we will never know what the stars get up to, that's what having money can do, keep everything private and let the papers make up what they want.

I think this too. Which is her choice at the end of the day, she's a human being and can make her own choices in life. Just because she's world famous doesn't mean she can't do things like this. But I think it's how she's gone about the whole thing and not expected anyone to be slightly suspicious about it, like she's insulting our intelligence.
Not exactly a big deal if you use a surrogate is it, nothing to be ashamed of. But hey ho! :whistle:

Thanks ladies, I'll stick with Ivy as a middle name- you've reassured me! As for the mystery birth I guess we'll never know. I didn't know about the bendy bump thing, interesting!

Just read this:

Early reports claimed the singer gave birth via C-section, but the couple now say otherwise.
The released a joint statement yesterday, saying Blue 'was delivered naturally at a healthy 7 lbs and it was the best experience of both of our lives.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...en-home-1-3m-hospital-stay.html#ixzz1jTxwYxoI

don't know wwether she had a c-section or normal labour, but I do understand the need for the extra security etc, in either case.

I always thought she was due the same time as me she always seemed to be about the same size as me. I like the name Ivy I'd stick with it.

As for the name Blue it's horrible, makes me think of Blue the bear from jungle book. Theres a 50/50 chance the baby's gonna be a real minger too if she looks anything like her dad.

I always thought she was due the same time as me she always seemed to be about the same size as me. I like the name Ivy I'd stick with it.

As for the name Blue it's horrible, makes me think of Blue the bear from jungle book. Theres a 50/50 chance the baby's gonna be a real minger too if she looks anything like her dad.

Hahahahaha mummy and daddy could afford the surgery

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back