ohhh how big??

SarahB

Reaction score
I went to my hospital for a routine check up today, and they did another scan (I didn't think they did another one but anyway, it was lovely to see her again)
The good news is that baby is very well, very healthy and very happy, her head is down, the placenta is very healthy and in the right place. The bad news for me is that she now weighs just over 3 pounds :shock: :shock: (I think the normal weight for now is 2, bear in mind that I am only 5' 4" and was a size 10) and the doctor reckoned she wouldn't come early, she just smiled and said "no, baby is healthy"
When I told my husband he said, "ooh that'll smart" - that's an understatement.
:lol: :lol:

Somewhere about 2.5 - 3lbs is a good size for this gestation don't worry :) Doesn't mean she will be a 10lb'er when she come's out don't worry :lol: I'm the same size as you pre-preg and was told my baby was a very good size too yesterday!! :shock:

i had a scan today as well (27+6), and little ruben was approx 2lbs 11ounces, which i was told was within normal range! aww he was sooo cute... he yawned and everything!

At my last scan I was told my bean was bigger than average, so I am preparing myself for a big bruiser! (literally :shock: )

:lol:

Hi Sarah

I went for a 3D scan at 28 weeks and the baby mesurements said it was around 3.5lb and the scan man had a graph that showed it was above average and if I make it to my due date should be around 9lb!!

All my normal scans at 12 & 20 weeks said the baby was bigger than he should have been, even wanted to move my date as he was that much bigger, but I know to the time and day he was concieved so they left it!

Already gained over 2 stones, but luckly it is all on my tummy and tits!

But remember, it might not come on its due date! I don't mind, he will come when he is ready rather have a big baby than a tiny baby at least I know the pain produced a above average size baby!!

aww thanks girls, you've made me feel a lot better (I knew you would!!), I think I was just having a panic fit. I know the main thing is that she is healthy and happy and it will all be worth it in the end.
Thank you again, if I have another panicky fit I'll know where to come xxxxxxxx :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back