OH rant!

LoopyLouize

Reaction score
Could strangle OH right now! After choosing our baby names months ago and both had our heart set on them and said we would not change our minds or even continue to look for other ideas.. He has now decided he doesn't like the girls name.. I absolutely adore the girls name we picked and have absolutely no intention of changing it. :wall2:

We have both now got the hump with each other and sulking over it! I told him he better hope its a boy then because I am having the girls name whether he likes it or not! Phfft!

Stupid man!

No need to reply, just needed to moan lol x

Last edited:
We had a few arguments over names before we picked Henry. If he changed his mind now I would go nuts! X

What names do u have hun?

Kerry - our little man is gonna be Henry! Henry James :D I went off it when DH mentioned Henry the Hoover but I love it now :love:

I had my heart set on Cameron for a boy from the off and then MIL put o/h off the idea about a month begore he was born. Well when we had our boy and o:h was still in awe of me for giving birth I manipulated him into agreeing with me and quickly text everyone with the name and put it on FB before he could change his mind :oooo: he wasn't impressed lol

I had my heart set on Cameron for a boy from the off and then MIL put o/h off the idea about a month begore he was born. Well when we had our boy and o:h was still in awe of me for giving birth I manipulated him into agreeing with me and quickly text everyone with the name and put it on FB before he could change his mind :oooo: he wasn't impressed lol

Genius!

My oh is getting on my norks with names too. We haven't discussed it properly yet. He just keeps saying no to all my suggestions and then coming up with crazy stuff!

My DH does that tor!

Had all sorts (and I apologise now if these r on anyone's shortlist!)
Wilson (the dog from Friday night dinner)
Marty (back to the future)
Emmett (back to the future)
Ernie
Reginald

There were loads more but I can't think of them now!

Kerry, thats exactly why I have gone nuts at him and he doesn't seem to understand why lol. He keeps saying "I don't like it and I can't help it" - Grrr, he liked it last bloody month so I don't understand how you can just go off it!

Aww Larly I think Henry James is so cute! The Henry the Hoover comment is funny though! The name we have picked for a boy is Isaac Taylor (Zach as a nickname :)) We was both happy with this one right from the start as he wanted Isaac and I wanted Zachary, well hey presto, Zach is in Isaac so that one was done and dusted and never argued over it. The girls name has been so tricky as I am very girly and the OH struggles to like anything remotely cute and girly so our tastes are totally different. In the end the name we choose was Harlow Illiana. He now says its a horrible place in London and he doesn't like it...I then made a point of saying that lots of babys names are the same name as places and that doesnt make people go Ewww that is a place and its horrible.. For eg. Ashton (Manchester), Chelsea, Brooklyn etc...

Jayne - LMAO! I am glad you got your own way! I love Cameron and that would have been on my list for a boys name had it not been my stepsisters last name lol.

My DH does that tor!

Ernie
Reginald

Lol!!

I like Marty, it's kinda cool.

I've had:

Beau - dukes of hazard
Buddy - elf
Presley - not sure where this came from?
Alabama - now I have absolutely no idea where this came from?
Ricky bobby - talledega nights

Hahahahaha

Love ur names Lou. U can probably talk him round re: Harlow like my DH did with me and Henry. I went off it for weeks but each time we talked about names he kept saying it and it grew on me again and I don't give a monkeys about the Hoover now! Have made him promise not to dress him up as a Hoover for any fancy dress parties he gets invited to tho! Lol!

My DH does that tor!

Ernie
Reginald

Lol!!

I like Marty, it's kinda cool.

I've had:

Beau - dukes of hazard
Buddy - elf
Presley - not sure where this came from?
Alabama - now I have absolutely no idea where this came from?
Ricky bobby - talledega nights

Hahahahaha

LOL, my OH has a habit of ruining names for me too! I suggested Ivanna and he replied " I vanna shit "

haha all our OHs dont seem to get it do they!!

He says no to everything and then i get 'what about Mowgli or Balloo.....'

ermmmmm COME ON would like some serious suggestions lol

(well i bloody hope they werent serious suggestions)

xxx

LOL, my OH has a habit of ruining names for me too! I suggested Ivanna and he replied " I vanna shit "[/QUOTE]

and hahaha this really made me laugh!

I vanna shit lol

It's funny how some names make you think of certain things/people.

My dad was asking us the other day about names and we have decided to keep quiet to everyone because people always give their 2p worth whether it is wanted or not. Phil mentioned some names and he was like 'I hate that name, reminds me of xyz ' etc

I love isaac and Harlow, do you think you can work on him a bit? He might change his mind back? :)

why dont you just go to register baby on you're own after the birth... then you can choose whatever name you want haha

all i got out my oh was barney. he loves the name and all i can think of is that naff purple dinosaur and the drunk off the simpsons. was his one and only suggestion then once they said they think its a girl at the scan he figures hes off the hook and dosent have to think of names anymore lol

My name for a girl was Lydia, OH hates that name it's an old lady name in his country, but I'm standing by it I've wante it for years.

I also liked Joshua for a boy but apparently it means "giddy up horse" in his language (random).

Harlow is nice name I think as you're carrying the baby you should get the final say especially this far on in the game.

What names do u have hun?

Kerry - our little man is gonna be Henry! Henry James :D I went off it when DH mentioned Henry the Hoover but I love it now :love:

Lol someone said Henry the Hoover to us too...our little man is Henry Nicholas William ( middle names are family names).. good job I think Henry Hoovers are cute lol

Lol! I like Henry hovers, they r really good but it just put me off for a good few weeks! James is a family name for us, it's my dad's and DH's dad's middle name so it keeps the pair of them quiet! Lol!

PS you need to correct your OH ..Harlow is in Essex not London lol the main town isn't great but the outer part is lovely and quite a few famous people live there..so ner to him Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back