oh please......... someone help me

paiges_mummy

Reaction score
I really need some help, im so poorly :(

I ended up sleeping on the settee at 1.30am, I was keeping everyone awake coughing..

Ive got a bad cold, cough, my legs dont feel attached they feel like jelly, my heads banging aswell.

Im sat here crying atm, im in that much pain.

Oh dear, sounds like you really need some TLC :( Is there nobody to take care of you today. Colds are the most horrible things to have esp when preggy. You really need to rest up, take some paracetamol, hot drinks and try to relax. xx

im so tempted to take a couple of flu plus tablets.. thats how bad i am

:hug: I know exactly how u feel. I have had a bad cold now for a couple of days and got a 24 hour sickness bug to top it up.

It will get better but it takes your body longer to recover when you are pregnant. Take some paracetamol and keep on drinking. Try to relax and hopefully you will feel better soon. :hug:

Ellied said:
:hug: I know exactly how u feel. I have had a bad cold now for a couple of days and got a 24 hour sickness bug to top it up.

It will get better but it takes your body longer to recover when you are pregnant. Take some paracetamol and keep on drinking. Try to relax and hopefully you will feel better soon. :hug:

I HAD THAT SICKNESS LAST WEEK.. NOT VERY NICE :hug:

Awwww poor you, I had that when I was pg. I had a chest infection and had antibiotics. It might be worth ringing NHS direct, they might be able to get you to see a doctor. Hope you begin to feel better soon :hug: :hug:

Well I was really sick with a cough a few weeks ago... I came close to taking some flu stuff...and I ended up sleeping on the sofa. I got round it following my mums advice...big bottle of water... which I just drank from constantly, and a couple of hot toddies during the day... ie. Non alcoholic ones during the day and just before bed time one with a tiny bit of brandy in it and some paracetamol. I got some lemons and some honey and just had a big chunk of lemon in hot water with loads of honey.. and I only ate soup for a few days because that was hot liquids too...

It took AGES for it to go and I still have blocked up nose now but at least the coughing died down quickly enough.... :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

i think its a nationwide thing... me and charlotte have had it 3 weeks now.. also had sickness... now we have a chest and throat infection... neither of us wanted dinner yesterday.. i forced mine down (inlaws) charlotte ddint even finish one pig in blanket (not like ehr at all) and never even asked for chocolate, we came home and i took 2 co-codamols (they really really really helped me to sleep) so thats the only thing i can suggest.. im having a bazzillions braxtons... thought it might be starting yesterday, as my back was killing with each one.. and they were comming about every 12 mins.. but once i had taken co-codamols and got into bed they went..

the only thing i can suggest is making some hot blakcurrent squash and honey and take 2 paracetamols or co-codamols with it.. serves as lemsip then..

it really sucks.. gonna ring the drs early in the morning..:( dont want to take anti-biotics coz il get thrush grrr!!

Oh it's horrible isn't it. I've had a cough that just won't go away, was sick quite badly a couple of weeks ago, a bad headache and just felt really rough in general.

My advice too is to drink loads of liquids, this seemed to help me.

With my cough though, I think it's more to do with the slight asthama (sp?) that has come on.

I hope you feel better soon :hug:

still no better, spent another night on the sofa :wall:

its this sore throat and cough thats getting me down, then ive got dp in my earhole saying why you so grumpy

oh honey :hug: :hug: :hug: miserable enough when you're not pg... not sure i can think of anything to help really - although OH's nan recommends gargling with salt water for sore throats and coughs...? i've never tried it - would make me :puke: :puke:

purple13 said:
oh honey :hug: :hug: :hug: miserable enough when you're not pg... not sure i can think of anything to help really - although OH's nan recommends gargling with salt water for sore throats and coughs...? i've never tried it - would make me :puke: :puke:

NO CHANCE :? lol would make me :puke: aswell

It's not that bad..although it's never had any effect on me when I've gargled with it. Gargling with water, honey, lemon juice and a couple of drops of tea tree helps sore throats - it kills infection cause its an anti-septic. I'm suffering at the moment too, but you sound alot worse off than me :( Hope you feel better soon :hug:

:hug: plenty of fresh garlic if you can manage it - make some home made garlic bread with loads crushed in fresh butter on top of crusty bread then grilled lightly.

I can totally sympathise with you :( , I've been poorly since begining of october, flu then lost 11lbs in 2 days with food poisoning then straight into hospital with kidney stones (the worst pain ever :shock: ) spent 7 weeks in and out of hospital spent most of it on morphine :puke: had a stent put in then removed 3 weeks later as I was peeing blood and had constant cystitis together with the kidney pain :cry:

one of my stones is now rolling about my bladder and is 4mm, the other is lodged in my kidney and is a wopping 10mm :shock: they cant do a thing till bubs is here but luckily now they are to induce me at 37 weeks, I am taking 32 tablets a day, sleeping on the setee when I am at home and up 7/8 times a night I am so tired, being sick every day and basically all to pot, but hey I got to spend xmas at home :dance:

its always awful being ill, but when your pregnant you get hit twice as hard and there is only a limited amount of stuff you can take :think: I really hope you feel better soon :hug:

I got in with the doctor this morning
I came out that surgery with a bag full :roll: :roll:

shes given me
antiobiotics
paracetamol
2 bottles of linctus cough medicine

she said ive got a really bad chest infection :( and in an hours time paige will be seeing her doctor as shes got it aswell..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back