OH Parents :(

twinkle90

Reaction score
Just came back off holiday with them. There was nothing but stress coming from his mum. I thought this wasa holiday to relax and chill out. And for me and my OH to enjoy before bubs comes along. I fekt insult when she said we didnt help clean up etc. And she dreads the state of our house etc. I was not relaxed put it this way!!! But i also feel she isnt excited enough about the bubs either. My OH asked her if she excited and just generally talking about baby. There was no enthusiasm. When we told her we had felt the baby movement properly. Flutters etc. No response whatsoever. And she will throw in a negative comment. Like how weve gotta change for the baby. It puts a major downer when we go round to see her. She already has a 2yr old granddaughter, im starting to feel whether shes actualpy even bothered when the baby is here. My mum is ecstatic and totally over the moon!!! Just dont knkw what to make of OH mum atm. Xxx

I'll be as blunt as I can, tell her to fuck off if she doesn't like it.

My mother in law doesn't always get mega excited, but I think that's because it's so early, but if people don't like it, then stay away. That's my opinion and would be the same if it was my parents :)

Sorry for the bluntness, I know I'm not very helpful, I hope it sorts out for you xx

No i prefer the honesty haha. Ive told OH how its made me feel. And hes as equally peed off with her too. His parents are very stubborn as well. And if we say something her attitude is get a grip! Even when we first told them about the pregnancy. She didnt even say that she was happy for us. To be honest i dont remember what she said because i dont even think she said anything. Ive just got a feeling this baby isnt going to be treated the same as her first grandchild. Xxxxl

My MIL was the same when we told her, she didn't even congratulate us, I told hubby and he said she was probably overwhelmed, she's got two 9 month old grandchildren from my BIL and his gf, so it's not a massive leap for this one.
I just think if they're not arsed then it's their problem, not ours :)

I never had a congrats from MIL either and she doesnt seem fussed (although shes quite a quiet lady) To be honest doesnt bother me as my own mum is all that matters to me and shes dead excited bless her! Maybe forget MIL and concentrate on yours who sounds fab! x

Sorry you had a rubbish holiday Hun, it's not not nice when someone doesn't share your excitement, whoever it is! Maybe speak to her, if not ignore her! How annoying though.

Hope u can sort it xx

If she doesn't seem interested just don't speak to her about baby, let her ask you. Its you and your OH's special time, who cares if she's not excited, yous are and that's all that counts xx

I agree, I don't even mention being pregnant to my mother in law, sometimes she asks how I'm feeling, but baby never gets mentioned... Even when hubby and I took her and my mum to a local baby show!
She is a teaching assistant and used the day to find ideas to use at school, the only thing she bought was some craft stuff for herself for upcoming school projects. My mum bought us nursery toys and spent the entire day gloating about her "amazing pregnant daughter".
Strange how differently people can react.

I dont even recall getting much of a reaction when we handed her the scan photo of her grandchild. Im just gping to ignore her! Like the ladies have said its our happiness and no ones going to ruin it. Its our first time parents and her 2nd granchild. I rwally dont give a crap about her comments. My mum is wicked happy. And cant wait to go shopping ;)) bring om july 8th ;) xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back