Oh no...full of a cold!

Amy0801

Reaction score
Well I have managed to get to nearly 29 weeks without getting ill but on Wednesday night I started with a bit of a sore throat when I swolled now my nose is blocked and I have a headache and feel like I have been kicked in the face! I am using a saline nasal spray but it doesn't give much relief also drinking hot water with honey and lemon for throat (yuk!) Head is propped up in bed to try and help but it's not very comfy! Basically feel like shit and will have to get up soon to go to work! Not in the mood at all! :(

I've caught the cold too, now I have a sinus infection �� 2nd in 8 weeks ��

Oh I feel for you!! I had a cold at about 20ish weeks and it was hell, had 4 days off work. Just rest up and get better soon x

I'm 36 weeks and have the cold and flu symptoms its horrendous xx

Well after feeling like crap for well over a week and having Monday and Tuesday off work I have now got sinusitis!! I rang the docs on tuesday and they just said take paracetamol but it doesn't work for me and I kept telling them that I suffer with sinusitis..I had in back in January and was on antibiotics for 2 weeks!! I rang back first thing this morning to make an appointment and I was told the doctor would ring me...at 6.30 this evening I got my phone call and had to race down for the prescription as they shut at 7! If they had given me this on tuesday I would have felt better by now! Arrgghh! Now in bed getting some rest and will hopefully have a better nights sleep! Xx

I'm the same at 35 weeks, its rubbish!. Combined with tummy cramps and a rock solid bump i feel awful.

Hope you get better soon x

It's so crap not being able to take the usual remedies. I found using a neti pot has helped me though - sounds a bit hippyish but it was recommended by a friend and really does help, I think.

Other than that just get snuggly and look after yourself. Hope it clears soon.

I had a relative come to my hood 2 weeks ago with a horrid cold and she was coughing sneezing and not even covering her mouth !! I moaned at her , why are you coming to my house when I'm pregannt I can't afford to be ill . Now I have a really bad cough and bad headaches - I'm a nurse so I've also had a week off work ! Which j hate taking time off work but I'm constantly coughing . Been to Drs and wouldn't give me anything just said I can use Vicks . Hope you all get better soon.

I'm still fuming at my relative, how inconsiderate to come my house full of flu !!! Knowing I'm 30 weeks pregnant.

Hi ladies
Yeh it's awful being pregnant and full of a cold! Since I have been using the steroid nasal spray and taking the codine tablets I was prescribed I have felt 100 times better and I can finally breath and headache has now gone! I hope those of you also suffering feel better soon! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back