OH is irritating me

Beatlesfan

Reaction score
Try to keep it short :doh: :fib: (edited this after I wrote keep it short, and then couldn't!)

LO woke at 2.30am. As OH is doing childcare today he got up - said there was "nothing" wrong with her so we left her to settle herself. Hour later she is still crying on and off, wimpering sort of cry. I got up and she had a soiled nappy :evil: (at OH, not at LO poor thing) I changed her, told OH to get a bottle of milk, as she would need that to calm and get off again and I dealt with her until 4.30am.

This morning due to the snow, I did not go in but am working from home. OH got up with LO at 8am. I got up at 9.45 am and spent a while amusing LO while OH did an invoice on PC. 10.30am I got her off to sleep. I started work! At 11.30am when LO woke up OH was still doing the invoice (???) and I was going to take her out in the snow for a bit before lunch. She was not a happy bunny so I gave up and had to suggest to OH that she had lunch. He said any ideas for her lunch? I said no and he just said "right! that's helpful!!" :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: He fed her, I tried to work (all my work stuff has to be spread out so I am on table in room where LO plays and eats etc. - this is not really a problem usually as I can work in a busy environment but he needs to take responsibility for her and keep her amused otherwise she just wants to sit with me etc.)

I made lunch for me and OH.....

After lunch, Lo was very grumpy so OH tried again to take her out in snow, so he did and she was OK with it. So I had peace and quiet for ohhhh 10 mins. Then they came in and she was crying. I asked why and he said cos she didn't want to come in. I asked why he brought her in, cos she might get cold he says..... :think: :think: yeah...it's SNOWING!

Back inside she was soooo grumpy. But OH says, oh I thought you would have come to the window and seen us out there.... I said (in a raher irritated tone) I'm trying to WORK!!! He made me a cuppa :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: (maybe he had enlightenment and sympathy at this point). LO was trying to climb up me, Oh took her away (well done) and then said, Mummy hasn't got time for you. :wall: :wall: :wall: :shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead:

talk about guilt trip!

Now, LO has gone asleep and Oh has taken himself off upsatirs to read *EDIT, just went up to use the loo...and he is ASLEEP!*. Oh I wish I could just do that when she is asleep when I have her. Instead I am thinking, put washing on, tidy lounge, check emails, make phone calls etc. otherwise I am doing all that (well I often do) late at night.

No washing has gone on today, I put diswasher on earlier. It's done but not emptied....

GGGGGGRRRRRRRRR!!!! Frustrated beyond belief!

Best go back to my work now, shouldn't have come on here but I had to vent.... !

LOL.....we have 'daddy day' on sundays...where daddy is 'supposed' to do everything bar the breastfeeding....but inevitably, i change the first nappy or have to remind him to change her, then im the one who notices she has pooed but Daddy is invariably eating or sorting himself out somehow so i have to do it.

If she starts crying he asks 'maybe she is hungry?' i say 'yes, maybe she is' he says, 'well what shall i feed her? ' i say'well why dont you look in the fridge or open a jar from the cupboard'

then i say, 'is Anjali getting dressed today?' 'what shall i dress her in?' :wall: :rotfl: it goes on!!!

Easier to do it all yourself!!!

I have writen a bottle/meal times/nap timetable on the fridge. It helps a bit with these sort of arguments.

I've given up leaving my DH to make decisions and will put clothes out on the bed for her to wear and will get the food out and ready and give it to him to feed her. I've come to the realisation that men are useless when it comes to being responsible for the baby.

The only thing to do is to iron your red cape and silly blue leotard and take responsability for everything - SUPER MOOOOOOOOM!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Seriously babe, you have my sympathy - I know EXACTLY what you mean. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Lisa xx

:wave: Thanks for the sympathy and understanding girls. Good (& not so good for you all) to know I am not alone. I suggested OH slept in spare room last night so at least one of us got a decent kip. He was much better this morning. I got up at 5.45am with LO and then he was up at 8am for her so I went back to bed for a couple of hours. BLISS! He has actually taken her out now to the library so I can get on with some work in peace. Hooray!

He did make dinner last night and two cuppas while I pottered about. So all is not lost with the male gene!

Hopefully his support will continue throughout the day otherwise I am packing my work stuff up and disappearing to the bedroom, sod the mess, :talkhand: it's the only way I will get peace! :cheer:

Hazel said:
I have writen a bottle/meal times/nap timetable on the fridge. It helps a bit with these sort of arguments.

I've given up leaving my DH to make decisions and will put clothes out on the bed for her to wear and will get the food out
and ready and give it to him to feed her. I've come to the realisation that men are useless when it comes to being responsible for the baby.

This is exactly what I have to do! It seems to work though... so I dont mind. And I know Corey wont turn up at Nursery looking like the local tramp child..!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back