OH is being a pain!

Bloom

Reaction score
Please tell me im not the only one whos OH is being a pain with regards to names. He wont discuss names with me at all everytime i suggest a name (which has been loads) he said he doesnt like it but does not come up with any suggestions. I know we have a while yet and we will probaly wait till baby is born to see what she looks like to announce the name we have chosen but it would we nice to have some ideas. :wall:

I have had one name which i have liked from the beginning and he has now said he doesnt like it at 23 weeks :wall: . I really wanted a name we both liked but its not looking good.

Am i alone :wall:

Its a difficult one if he doesn't want to discuss it atm. Hopefully he'll come round and start thinking about it in the weeks before you give birth as I agree with you, its nice to know what the other one likes and waiting till baby is born before thinking about it is not ideal if you want to at least consider possibilities beforehand.

I don't have the same problem as you, so can't say I am speaking from experience :roll: My OH initially wasn't sure about the boys names I liked, but after he thought about, he really likes and is very happy with the boys name and he liked the girls one anyways and was happy to go for them. We didn't have much of a short list to begin with. :lol:

Hopefully your OH will be happy to discuss with you nearer the time, even if he wants to put it off atm. Be patient, make your list of names and have it ready for when he is. Perhaps just back off a bit and stop mentioning it for a while so as to not aggravate things between you? Shame to fall out over it and you have a fair while yet to sit down and discuss :)

Good luck :hug:

my boyf and i could never agree on names either. i liked nina and lanie (he HATED those!) and he liked charlotte and alita (i wasnt keen on them!)
i found the whole name-choosing a complete chore and we thought we'd hav to settle on a name neither of us really liked but could at least both tolerate (which is not what u want for ur child is it- a name u hav to tolerate lol!)

luckily, on the way 2 the cinema at over 35 weeks pregnant, i said "ooh what about melissa, or millie for short?" expecting him to go "urgh!" like he usually did at my suggestions- but there was silence(!) so i turned to him and he was smiling, he said "i like that, actually!"
and so our lil princess was named! lol

my baby father is a pain but i just told him its tameron and thats that now he realises he cant change my mind he has settled with tameron too :)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: My DH was the same. He never came up with a suggestion of a name, but would shoot down any name I came up with as not being appropriate or not being pronounceable in the 60 gazillion languages he can speak :roll: .... EVENTUALLY we came up with one... BUT.... I don't like it any more :oops: People keep using it and it makes me nervous... I want Rowan now but DH is firmly stuck on the original... :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

DON'T do what someone in our village did...

They couldn't decide and kept arguing so when their baby daughter was born in 1980 they had a "trial period" of one day with each name. Then after the mother had her 5th blood transfusion and was really dopey, the father asked if they should try Ruth for a day. Totally out of it, she agreed... and he went and registered it as her official name!

The mother still hates her daughter's name, how awful is that :shock:

My OH is just like that, but he was like that with the other 2 aswell, eventually one of my suggestions mustn't have been to bad cos he just says "yeah OK" and that's it.

I'm REALLY stuck this time though!!!

Squiglet said:
I want Rowan now but DH is firmly stuck on the original... :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Love the name Rowan, oooooooooh choose that one!! :cheer:

Bloom I think eventually most men come round to what Mummy decides, not all, but most, I think it just takes time to become familiar with it. Try out different names each day, see how it feels, luckily you've plenty time left :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

A lady I was with on ward after Isaac's birth hadn;t decided a name for her little boy. It was very cute actually, he had lots of cards, 'To Baby Boy', and he left with no name still, I think sometimes it just takes time, try and enjoy so much choice :hug: :hug: :hug:

My OH is the same and has possibly the most boring taste in names ever. While I don't want anything too weird I also don't want them to be in class with about 5 others with the same name. We have kinda decided that if it is a girl i will choose and if it is a boy he will choose, BUT if the other person TRULY despises it they do have a certain power of veto.

My OH has only become willing to talk baby names recently. For months he showed no interest and always wanted to change the subject. Since he has seen baby make my tummy move he has become more interested in the whole thing.

When I was pg with James we split up until he was 3 months old so I could please myself when choosing his name. Luckily OH loved the name anyway cos it was his grandads name (I didn't know that when choosing)

OH and I are going to really struggle to agree on a name. We'll be finding out the babys sex on saturday so we can start thinking about it more seriously then.

I've already decided that if we have a girl I'll most probably want to call her Georgia Mae. OH wants Natalie for a girl, which although I don't dislike, I think it sounds a bit dated, girls my age are called Natalie. He also likes Tegan which is ok but not a favourite of mine.
Other girls names on my short list are Amelia, Ava, Iona and Sophie, all of which he hates!

I think it will be sods law that we have a boy cos that would cause the most arguments. OH is pretty much set on Nathan for a boy, which I hate!
I like Callum, Logan, Thomas, Liam and Ewan...again he hates them all! :wall:

The fact this will be our last baby makes it all the more harder, cos I can't think 'I could use that next time'.

Well its been a few weeks since i wrote this post so nows theres an update..................

I brought him a name book which he read in his own time without me nagging at him and now we have two names on are shortlist we are going to wait to see what she looks like before we choose so it seems ive made some progress at last.

MM i love that name Georgia but i cant have it as my little nephew who i spend a lot of time with is George i think they are too similar.

Glad he's showing more interest now :D

James chose the name Georgia, he came home from nursery about a year ago with a picture he'd drawn, and he'd got his nursery teacher to write on it 'this is my little sister Jorja (she obviously didn't know how to spell it :lol: ) I really liked the name and have kept it in mind since.
James often calls the baby 'she' though he says he wants a brother. I can't wait to find out the sex on saturday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back