Oh God - light bleeding

GingerKitty

Reaction score
Just been to the loo and I'm having some pinky brown discharge. I wouldn't say it's actual bleeding but there's definitely blood there if you know what I mean. A bit like what I usually get just before AF.

No pain or anything like that.

I'm totally freaked out now. I'm trying not to panic, but should I do anything, do you think? I mean, this does happen to some people and everything's fine, doesn't it?

Hi honey, sorry that this worry is happening. There is a very high chance that it is nothing as a lot of women bleed (even heavily) and everything is perfectly fine, but I would advise that you contact your early pregnancy unit to let them know and ask them their advice, they may want to see you just in case to be checked over.

Try not to worry unless you have to, big hugs and let me know how you get on xx

Bleeding in pregnancy is very common but should not be considered normal.

Try not to panic hun as it doesn't always mean the worst.

Contact your EPU and they will advise you.

XX

This has happened to me twice this pregnancy (at 4 weeks and at 7 weeks) and it has made me absolutely sick with panic both times. Each time I called the midwife in tears and she didn't even want me to come in, she was so totally unconcerned. I'm 10+2 now and haven't had my first appt yet but my uterus and belly are growing and I'm feeling flutters so I think all is well!

Thinking of you!

Thanks everyone for your support, really helps as I'm home alone just now!

Annoyingly, I've just missed the opening hours of my EPU. If it gets worse tonight I'll call NHS 24.

Hopefully it'll all be ok - have an early scan booked for 13th, but that seems pretty far off now :(

I had the same honey, I was sick with worry but baby was fine :) xxxxx

Well, it seems to have stopped now. I hope I was panicking over nothing.

I had light pink bleeding when I was 14 weeks pregnant with my son, turned out to be caused from thrush and a UTI. Defiantly get yourself checked over, but a lot of people experience a little bleeding during pregnancy. It's terrifying to see, but try not to get too worried about it. I hope you manage to get seen tomorrow :)

Browny discharge is usually a more positive colour I think as it indicates 'old blood', most likely left over from implantation bleed. I had this in my first pregnancy at around 7/8 weeks, had an early scan and all was fine. Hope all ok for you too xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back