Oh god! Breast-mummies help needed!!

Ruthy

Reaction score
So,i decieded to breastfeed my Dylan,cause i read up its way better for him,but it aint half giving me boob-ache.
My boobs feel TOO full.i fed dylan but they still fell like they're gonna explode with milk.
Help please!

expressing milk is the best relief hun

I personally wouldn't express, this will just tell your body that more milk is needed. I don't know how old your LO is, but I would say that this will soon settle down. In the meantime use warm flannels or a hot shower to ease the pain, or some cabbage leaves down your bra is also meant to be good.

Edit: just saw your ticker :doh: Its early weeks so your milk is all over the place. Your body will soon sort out your milk supply

i was the same and thought my boobs would explode..

dont express your body will just producve more, get relief from parocetmol (sp) and get in the bath with warm flannels etc..

your milk will settle down and only makes what lo demands, it will settle i promise mine is just starting to :hug: :hug:

i wouldn't express yet as this will give the booies messages to make more milk and the misery will get worse . Just feed him on demand for as long as he wants to. You breasts will settle down in a week or so.
If your boobs feel really bad and full go in a warm shower as i iound this relieved it.
you're doing really well and i canassure you in a week or so time your breasts will not feel full like you describe. Infact they will go all soft as if they have no milk in them .But ofcourse they do - its just that you have done a good job feeding your baby what he wants and your boobs will have adjusted to his need.s :hug:

A nice warm bath or a warm compress will help (as already advised lol). You can buy gel packs that fit your breasts which you can either warm up or chill depending what you need them for, the chilled pads are great for if you're boobs are feeling hot, swollen and engorged. The warm will help with releasing some milk. Good luck :hug:

nothing to add just sending these it does ease off :hug:

Well done, you're doing so well already to go 3 weeks! It does get better, these ladies have alredy advised you well so just wanted to say good luck & keep at it. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back