Oh dearo....scan day!

Lianatoot

Reaction score
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!! I hope there is something in there this time! and not just a sac! PLEASE!!!

Awwwww gawd, im so so nervous!!!!

I have an appointment for 8:45.

Good luck hun, Im sure all will be well! :hug:

im sure you will be fine hun, will be thinking of you :hug: :hug: :hug:

I really dont know how it went...

I got scanned, and this time they could see something just abdominaly...unlike last time, as it was all too small.

They did the internal scan too tho...last time the sac measured 6mm, and today it measured 16mm, but I still didnt see any baby or anything.

The midwife wasent really that worried, just said I could just not be as far on as I though, or could have ovulated and concieved later, they really cant tell yet...I have to go back at 8:45 again in 2 weeks.

I am an absolute mess, Paul says he is fed up with me being so negative all the time...I just feel I have nothing positive to go on and im so dissapointed I didnt see the baby today! I am going back to work tomorrow, which im dreading...

Awwwww gosh, im just a mess! I just wanta cry! :cry:

aw hun, maybe their right and you just ovulated later than you thought, try not to worry, i can understand this is hard

what time are you back tomorrow?

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Have a few of these :hug: :hug: :hug:

Then please, for your own sanity and that of those close to you, try to calm down a little and, while its easier said than done, try to not worry so much.

If the MW does not seem overly worried, take it as a positive sign. Start looking for a few more positives and not only the negatives here. If she had said there was something wrong then yes, I can understand you panicking but as she seems quite calm about things and wonders if your dates are maybe not quite right, then its not a bad thing.

If you tested positive on Boxing day, depending on dates (and they can always be wrong you know, even if you are convinced they are right) you may only be 6 or so weeks along even now, so there really might be nothing much to see.

Most women don't have early scans, so if unsure of dates, you have to be prepared to find out you are not as far along as you thought. If you wait 2 more weeks hopefully there will be more to see.

Keep positive. A good friend of mine said her marker (she is a mum to 4) was that she woke up every day and still felt PG. She had sore boobs, morning sickness and a few other things, so took heart in that each time.

But please don't sit and fret for the next two weeks. It won't do you or anyone else any good.

Hi,

I've just read over this post and your previous ones.

When I first found out I was pregnant I assumed I was 6 -7 weeks according to my LMP. OH and I went to a private doc (Oh was going to work in US the next day and couldn't get an app in GP's) who insisted on an early scan. The scan showed nothing at all. I was told to go home and wait to MC and that it might be an ectopic.

So I went to regular doctor after the weekend and explained everything, they took bloods and told me to wait for a result. The result came back with a level 510, which is classed as about four weeks pregnant and was told to wait and see what happened.

Anyway, here I am at 15 weeks and fingers crossed everything will be alright as I hope it will be with you. According to my LMP my babay should have been due around 17th June and it's actually due 13th July, almost a month later so I must have ovulated around the time AF was due. This also means I got a BFP when I was only around three and a bit weeks pregnant.

Hopefully this will be the case with you and I hope this story can make you a bit more positive. I'll keep everything crossed for you. :hug:

Alex xxx

I ment to say I am going back to work tomorrow...not I am going back to hospital...I have edited, I have to go back to hospital in exactly 2 weeks.

Thanks for the posts there girls....I do feel alot more positive now I have read them! I had a good cry there for an hour too!

I was just so dissapointed to still not see anything! Paul is saying well at least the sac is growing, and thats something, and I do still have my pregnancy symptoms!

This might help you determine how far you are gone. This is what helped me be positive and after reading things and learning from folks here it gave me hope that everything is fine because we also saw just a sac about 10 days ago in my early scan

Gestational Age (Weeks)

Gestational Age 4 weeks, Sac Size 3 mm, 5 weeks, 6mm, 6 weeks Sac size 14 mm, 7 Weeks sac size 27 mm, 8 weeks Sac size 29 mm, 9 weeks sac size 33 mm

So according to this chart, when the technician told me the sac was 10 mm and I might not be as far gone as I think hence no heartbeat I came home and looked at this chart. According to this I would have been 5 and a few days. It is very difficult to detect heartbeat at anything under 6 weeks. If you are measuring 16 mm you are very close to 6 weeks. Obviously this is just calculations and trying to work out what is going on. Dont expect the worst, I know it is easier said than done but like everyone said, have faith and it will turn out good we hope. I have my scan on Friday and I am also petrified but I wake up every morning with the worst nausea, sore boobs, go to the loo about 4 times in the night and have gone off my fav foods. Just want things with ice in it...so these are good signs and we have to hope for the best.

Praying for you and take care - rest and have a cup of hot chocolate :hug: :hug:

Thanks Neev, That makes sense!

I am just getting so paranoid because I defo know the date of my LMP, which was 20th November...but as someone suggested, I could have concieved 3 weeks after that period....I would only be 6 weeks and not nine.

Ahhh its all soooo confusing! but yeah I think I feel better...I am cool with being less than the 9 weeks as long as the baby is ok!

Aww :hug: for you and :cheer: because the sack is growing :D

I'm sure the girls are right and that you are just not quite as far along as think. I feel quite spoilt as I know when I ovulated but I know most ladies don't :D Like your OH has said, try to stay positive :hug:

I can understand you frustration of just wanting to know everything is fine that would really bug me but try to fill the next two weeks with work and home stuff and try not to focus on it otherwise you will drive yourself crazy...

Im assuming last time like me you had a blighted ovum>? if so they would of picked that up straight away, just wait and see hon It will come good in the end

xxx

Lianatoot said:
Thanks Neev, That makes sense!

I am just getting so paranoid because I defo know the date of my LMP, which was 20th November...but as someone suggested, I could have concieved 3 weeks after that period....I would only be 6 weeks and not nine.

Ahhh its all soooo confusing! but yeah I think I feel better...I am cool with being less than the 9 weeks as long as the baby is ok!

Just to let you know I conceived on day 21 of my cycle (3weeks after lmp), the reason I know is because I was using the clear blue fertility monitor. So you are right to think you may have conceived later on. I'm sure everything will be fine.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back