Officially overdue.

Mrsmac1507

Reaction score
Officially overdue and feeling really down. Iv been really teary and upset for past few days and don't know why. Iv always had a feeling I would go over but now the thought of being induced really scares me, I know iv still got time but don't think it's going to happen, had absolutely no signs of it labour starting. For past couple weeks Me and oh get about a dozen texts/ phone calls a day asking if there's any progress etc it's driving me mad and as due date was yesterday it was twice as bad, and I just broke down in tears. What is wrong with me? I should be happy that I'm so close to meeting my little one. Is anyone else in the overdue club feel similar?

Oh yes my lovely this was me a few days back iv had several crying hormonal days and all sorts. I think what's changed my current prospective though I'm still fed up of course but u really can't do anything to change when it happens. I'm still going for walks etc but mainly now to get out of the house iv decided that nothing is shifting this baby and I have induction booked now Friday I'd obv prefer to go natrually but iv given up hope. Today iv been sick so far and had a funny turn where I felt all hot and overcome and had to sit down outside despite it raining!!!! To feel normal again in hind sight a cool shower prob wouldv done it ! Iv done all I can to prepare for baby and am generally bored now people keep telling me to sleep which I would love to but am unable to sleep. People tell me to read iv been reading for weeks iv honestly run out of things to do which is silly as normally I'd visit friends go swimming or for a run or even go off for a day trip somewhere iv never been before but being this over due I'm limited I can't go far I'm trying not to drive and my parents have my pet's to give me a break so I can't even do anything with them. Family are a 3hr drive away and friends don't want to make plans as its possible I'd cancel them last min now. I'm going up town now to buy a jigsaw puzzle from a charity shop to keep me entertained iv loved being on mat leave up till the last week or two. Where I'm bored. Do you have an induction date yet? I'm now working as that being when il have baby and anything else wud be a bonus x

Don't have a date yet , seeing mw on weds and she said we'd get a date sorted then. When I seen the mw last week she was going to give me a sweep and book an induction but after feeling bump she said she believed he was breech explaining that after a scan to confirm id be booked in for a c- sect. Initially I was a bit panicked but the thought of knowing that I would have a date to meet my baby I got quite excited. As it turned out he wasn't breech, which I know is great news I suddenly felt 'robbed' of knowing when he would be delivered. I know I'm being irrational but can't help it. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one feeling so upset at a time we should be so excited.

Aw, I know I don't know when you'll have this baby but if it's any comfort at all I had absolutely zero signs of going into labour last time. I woke up at 2am with my first contraction. Lost my plug (for the first time) an hour later, and then had my bloody show half hour after that. By 8cm my waters hadn't broken. They must have broke in the pool after that and I didn't notice.

So not everyone has signs. I basically started contracting before anything else.

Positive thoughts. Carrying on living. Go out, do stuff, bake a cake, anything! Just try and keep your mind off it.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

I'm not in the overdue club but I think I will soon. I've already been feeling a bit down as friends and family have been so insistent I will have the baby early I really started to believe them. Now I'm just a few days away from my due date with no sign of baby coming and I now think I will go over.

People tell you to rest and enjoy etc but I think they don't realise or have forgotten how boring it is and how it is hard to think of much else when you are waiting for the baby you've been waiting for for such a long time already!

im 1 day over..just bk from mw and she said baby is well down she can only feel a small amount of head and it should be soon...she booked me for a sweep in a weeks time when i will be 8 days over but she said she doubts i will need it!! i really hope so......ive been really teary and before was excited but starting to have anxiety now.... hopefully wont b much longer for us!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back