Off to the hospital :-(

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by BeeSmall, Jun 26, 2013.

1. BeeSmall

BeeSmall Well-Known Member

Just went for 28 week mw appointment, had my bloods done, anti d injection, she measured by tummy and everything was great. Then listened to baby's heart and she said it is too fast/varies in speed (she's written fetal tachycardia in my notes) so she's sent me to the hospital to be put on a trace. I'm so stressed, there was me just thinking it was a normal midwife appointment and I'd be in work by now!!

2. babyslog

babyslog Well-Known Member

Awww hun try not to worry!

When noah is moving about or just stopped moving his HB can get as high at 170/180!!
    The trace will pick up his movements aswell so they can see if thats why its high xxx

3. JoeyClare

JoeyClare Well-Known Member

Keeping fingers crossed all is ok. x

4. Clairexx

Clairexx Well-Known Member

Try not to panic hun, it's good they're getting it checked out and I'm sure all will be fine. Keep us updated xxxx

5. buggy1

buggy1 Well-Known Member

Best to get it checked out, you're in the right place :)

6. umbongo

umbongo Well-Known Member

Don't worry hun, they're very over cautious Fx they can reassure you at the hospital hun. Big hugs xxx

7. Tigger87

Tigger87 Well-Known Member

Hope the hospital trip turns out well for you - naughty baby letting you get worried like this!!! Xxx

8. BeeSmall

Thanks ladies! My little baby B gave us a scare but seems everything was ok. I was on the trace for quite a while and when the baby was moving the heart rate was really fast but the midwife there said that's normal and they expect that so not to worry. Luckily my husband came to my mw appointment this morning (it's the first time he's been) because I would have been a wreck on my own! Ironically he came along so he could hear the baby's heartbeat and then he ended up listening to it all morning while I was on the trace! Haha

9. buggy1

buggy1 Well-Known Member

Perhaps the baby heard him say he wanted a listen so they thought they'd put on a show!

10. Nat28

Nat28 Well-Known Member

Glad all is ok what a scare!! My mw said to me that there just like us if we went running our heartrate would be faster than if we were sleeping, what a day for youxx

11. Lydia

Lydia Well-Known Member

Glad to hear everything seems to be okay! That's definitely not what you expect with a normal check-up! xx

12. BeeSmall

I know, I was so worried after the mw appointment because it had been so fast and hubby kept saying it was just cos the baby was moving around so much but I knew they wouldn't send me to the hospital if they were sure of that so I just panicked! Luckily I can relax now x