Off to see the Geneticist

C0606

Reaction score
As some of you may know, my OH may be a carrier for cystic fibrosis so today (hopefully) we're both going to be seen and tested by a geneticist. Unbelievably nervous and anxious but also excited at the prospect too. Some very strange mixed feelings going on! :)

:hugs: good luck I'm sure everything will be perfect . If you need to talk feel free to pm me x

Thanks guys! Had to draw up family trees and all sorts but glad they're testing both of us. Took some sets of bloods and find out the results around the end of next week. Now the wait...

Good luck. Try not to worry too much hun-Easier said than done I know xxx

Thinking of you and hope the next few days fly by xxx

Finally an update: Neither of us are carriers for the most common mutations so our risk it very low. I was in desperate need of some good and I think this may just be it :)

Just seen this I'm a carrier for CF and my nephew has CF too. X

Yeah they are both fine. We never got my husband tested to see if he was a carrier.
My nephew has CF which is why I got tested and I carry the f575 gene from memory.
Both my two had the heel prick and are clear as having cf but we don't know if they carry the gene too.
They say 1 in 25 people carry a cf gene and its only when two carriers meet you have a 1 in 4 chance of a child having cf
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back