Off sick :-( but had some great news!

Haylian

Reaction score
Been really struggling with heartburn recently and it's had me up through the night etc, as well as getting up every hour for a wee so today I've decided to stay off work cause I'm soooo exhausted, I feel bad but I honestly felt I needed it.

In March I asked for a pay rise for the 4th time as my colleagues (there are 3 of us in the same role for different areas) both earn a ridiculous amount more than me, I'm talking like 5/6k a year which I think is outrageous. I'm not one to blow my own horn but I have great feedback from the people I work with, I'm reliable,trustworthy and I'm 2nd in command when my manager is off...... A lot of responsibility. So I refused to take no for an answer this time and told him that if it was a no I wanted a meeting with his boss so she could explain to me why it was fair that others get paid so much more than me etc.
Well today I finally have been given my pay rise which is 4k :) I'm chuffed to bits as I really wasn't expecting it to be that much!

Bit of a pointless thread but I've been so wound up about it for such a long time that it feels great to finally have it! Will only fully benefit for 3 pay days though as then will be off on Maternity and will return on reduced hours, but that means I'll be getting more per month on 32 hours than I do now on 37.5 haha great stuff!!! Xx

Awesomr news (pay rise not that ur off sick) xxx

Great news (about the pay rise) hope your heartburn eases though! Xx

Fab news hun! X

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

Thanks girls, defo made me feel better but apparently being giddy makes heartburn worse :-( must calm down now haha x

That's a great pay rise, well done you! Hope you'll feel better soon! xx

That is good news, will come in handy I'm sure!

Great news about your payrise! I've been there with the lack of sleep and ringing up work the next day. Taking one day to recharge can make a world of difference.

Yeah that's exactly all I feel I need, I've hardly moved all day and I already feel better for it x

That's brilliant news to perk up what sounds like might have been a rubbish day otherwise!! Well done you :-D

Hope the heartburn lets up soon xx

I remember you talking about that stupid work pay thing, brilliant news! well done for forcing the issue. I do miss the private sector sometimes....those were the days! real money! haha Trust me to chose a career with shite pay! Well done mate.
And crap about the heartburn but good work staying off, I'm feeling a lot better for being signed off this week!!! So relaxing! :)

xx

Thanks Bex, I'm glad you're finally relaxing :) you know it's the right thing to do x

have urges to line all the drawers...that could be relaxing right? :)

I'm making cards. lots of birthdays coming up. That's relaxing :)

Well yeah that can actually be quite fun, if you have a creative flare, I'm rubbish so get frustrated ha

I love making cards. Should have studied really. Oops. Made 11 cards in the, so many July birthdays!

That's great news about the pay rise, well done you! Definitely sounds like you deserve it. Hope the heartburn eases soon xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back