Off on vacation in a week...

Hope81

Reaction score
In one week we are off for a week road trip with the RV. Dreading it!!!she hated sleeping there last time in the travel cot and she cried all night, so this time around we are kind of building a cot by closing one side of a sofa with a baby gate and pray she will get fooled...
I am going to put her actual mattress in there and her bumber making it look as close as possible to her actual bed...
It that fails we are doomed. She would not sleep in bed with us, she has none of rocking/feeding to sleep or anything.
She only sleeps in that cot but she self settles.
To make it all better she hates the rv well she dosent hate it but she dosent feel like home there though we often play in there...
Also Amelie is creature of habit and loves her routine, change that and you have an unhappy baby...
That's not going to end well lol I can see it...
Anyway vacation tips please? We will try to follow her routine as close as possible and hope for the best.
Anything that you forgot to get with you on vacation and wish you had it?

I am only so very thankful that I don't need baby food too and pots or things like that as she can literally eat everything that we eat. So yeah if we are on the road she would eat mc Donald's fish sticks and pieces from a salad for example.
During this trip we will visit her grandparents that are here on vacation from Canada, a big zoo that has a pet farm too and then off to Oslo to get her a passport and visit some around so its going to be loads of driving around.
Terrified much ????

No advice im afraid O is the same, she hates being away from home and wont sleep anywhere but her cot at night!!

Sounds fab though, hope you have good time. & that things in general are going well we haven't seen you around on here much lately xx

Using tapatalk can't see tickers

No advice either hun, James is a creature of habit! I would just say enjoy it as much as you can (when you get a chance)

Also it may not be as bad as you think - fingers crossed!

xxxxxx

Aw have fun!

I'm lucky my little one loves his bed SO much he will sleep anywhere, cars eat, pram, cot, travel cot, couch, on his mat on the floor. Anywhere. LOL I hope the makeshift cot works though if not and you are gonna be taking holidays in the future maybe try going into the rv every so often to get her used to lying in there in a travel cot with toys etc ?

Xxxxxx

Russell Amelie would sleep like that in any possible place until 7 m. Then only her cot in her dark room would do.

She did have loads of play time in the playpen and he was just down with it until bedtimes comes and se was fine with that too, she fell asleep in seconds but every time she stirred during the night she completely woke and started crying that heartbreaking cry :( the cot is From a material that makes noise when you move around so I suppose that's what was scaring her to death during the night :(
Anyway we will see how it will go with out cot-baby gate project this time...
For how we are living the hell of no car seat will fit a 2 point belt safely and probably the baby will have to sit on the front sit so we can install the car seat with a 3 point belt. Not a happy bunny at all but can't do any different I suppose :(

There is a 2 belt car seat that is not being sold in Norway due to extended facing backwards law that we have here so as this car seat is only forward facing we couldn't get hold of it here at all.
And that's quite stupid in my opinion as now she may even be more unsafe in a front seat...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back