Off her milk :(

LaurenMM

Reaction score
Angels been so weird with her feeds lately. She was on 180ml nearly a month ago and it was never enough she was always demanding more so HV advised to put her up to 210ml (about 7oz) and we did and she was fine, still 4 hourly routine. But for the last week/2 weeks shes been leaving 1-3 ounces sometimes at feeds and barely even having 180ml let alone the full 210ml. I took her to GP last week just to check on her while she had a cold and she said she's absolutely fine, perfectly healthly. She'll have about 100ml and I burp her for ages, walk around with her, change her nappy and when I try to offer the other half she goes mental, making squealing noises :( so I leave it and offer her more every so often and she'll take a tiny bit more then she wont take anymore :( just so scared she's lost weight and theres something wrong with her. She seems perfectly happy in herself, still smiling, playing etc just way off her milk. HV is coming again tomorrow so obviously I'll ask then but anyone elses LO like this?? xx

I've been going through exactly the same thing with Grace, she was on 5-6 ounces but for the past week or 2 she has dwindled down to 3-4 ounces. I have same problem, I burp her halfway through the bottle then when I go to give her the 2nd half she won't take anymore. Am wondering if it's a teething thing? She's been really dribbly and wanting to bite everything, also has a runny nose and has been irritable which is very out of character. It's a worry isn't it but I think they can't be that huingry or they would finish their bottles. Do you think Angel could be teething? x x

You've just described Angels behaviour exactly! The GP said there's a strong chance shes teething as she was displaying all the typical symptoms but those symptoms have died down a lot and she's still not feeding right. However, she constantly suck and chew on her hands and literally anything pointed towards her. If I stroke her cheek she grabs my hand and starts chewing it regardless of whether I've just fed her or not... my OH seems to think she's ready for weaning but I really don't want to risk it so early :S xx

Kayden's been exactly the same, he's been a nightmare to feed, he throws himself about all over the place as soon as bottle goes near his mouth. I know that he's teething anyway coz I recognised the signs from 1st LO (slabbers & putting everything in mouth) I checked with HV & she said its teething & not to worry about milk as long as LO gets something. She advised sachets of powder, she says not only does teething hurt their mouth, also the excess saliva causes acid in the stomach, the sachets help with both things.

I have found the last 2 days that Kayden has fed a little bit better if he's in a dark quiet room (which is a pain to do for every feed but i'd rather know he's drinking more coz he's up more thro the night if he drinks less)

Good luck
:hugs:

Bella thats the exact stuff we got.

Seems to be working ok for us, but we're using bongela at the same time so its hard to tell which.

The sachets are hard to give to LO you need to rip the sachet in a certain way & kinda just tip it into their mouth, if LO gets hands in the way it ends up everywhere, or if they sneeze like Kayden did first time lool

:)

Phoebe is exactly the same, she chomps on her bottle but won't take any milk. HV confirmed today that at only 9 weeks she's already teething :shock:
She said if she goes any longer than 5-6 hours without a feed I should try spoon feeding her xx

Phoebe is exactly the same, she chomps on her bottle but won't take any milk. HV confirmed today that at only 9 weeks she's already teething :shock:
She said if she goes any longer than 5-6 hours without a feed I should try spoon feeding her xx

Sorry to sound thick hun but just checking she means spoon feed her the formula not food?! Lol sorry :S

She doesnt go longer than 5-6 hours just literally taking only about 4 ounces lately, rather than her usual 7. She used to be so greedy and have all her milk and I hate it when she does this. She doesnt even chomp on the teat, she just squeals and thrashes around and it really worries me. And she screws her face up too... its almost like it tastes horrible if u know what I mean :( just worried about her weight xx

Sorry to sound thick hun but just checking she means spoon feed her the formula not food?! Lol sorry :S

She doesnt go longer than 5-6 hours just literally taking only about 4 ounces lately, rather than her usual 7. She used to be so greedy and have all her milk and I hate it when she does this. She doesnt even chomp on the teat, she just squeals and thrashes around and it really worries me. And she screws her face up too... its almost like it tastes horrible if u know what I mean :( just worried about her weight xx

Lol yeah milk, he said to sterilize a medicine spoon and try feeding her that way if she won't take it from the bottle xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back