Obsessing

Lulla Bell

Reaction score
It's well known to me and everyone that knows me I have a very obsessive and controlling persionality, it's driving me mad that I have literally no control over the situation.
It's only been a month since TTC and already im symptom spotting EVERYTHING and getting agitated that I can't just be pregnant already!
How do you all controll the obsessiveness? I don't want it to become a chore.
Thank you xx

I don't have control. I'm just fed up with it all, that's why I'm not opking until I've seen fertility consultant. I've had enough of it for now.
I hope someone can help on here , hopefully your stay won't be long in ttc :) x

The worst thing is , my journey is nothing compared to most... I have such a OCD persionality and I know its completely Ridiculous.
I hope you get some answers xxx

I am slightly obsessive but more for the future like names, cots, pushchairs etc. I am sick of seeing no positive OPK so I just keep thinking about the future. I have a pup who is 5 months so he takes my mind off quite abit which is nice.

Have you got a hobby? That might help? Unfortunately there is no stopping thinking about it. I have tried but doesn't happen x

I try and focus on work and my dogs. My husband would kill me if I came home with another one haha.
Puppies definitely take up alot of time and energy.
Have you tried the clear blue digital ov tests?
I couldn't work the cheap dip sticks. They confused the hell out of me. But the clear blues was really easy x

I have been using the smiley face CB ones but no positive as of yet. I have some eBay ones to use from tomz so I can test twice a day and also going to start temping see if that helps.

Lol what dogs have you got? I love mine to bits but don't think I could have 2 lol!

It is very difficult and always in the back of your mind. This group helps. I don't chat much about ttc with my oh as don't want him to start stressing or it to become a chore etc. X

I could literally have written this same post!! Lol longest two weeks of my life, reading into every little thing - do I not like the smell of broccoli as I'm pregnant, or is it just bad smelling broccoli? And so on...

As well as a terrible worrier I'm also a ridiculous day dreamer too so I have everything planned out before I've even conceived for the poor thing :lol: hopefully the 'excitement' phase doesn't last too long and we can start focusing on other things... x

You have to learn somehow if you end up TTCing longer term m, hopefully it won't be long for you but on month 22 of TTC and no BFN I've had to give up obsessing to save my sanity/manage my mental health.

Cocker mum
I have three, i have a rottweiler a rottweiler akita and a pug! They are like my children :) And are a crazy handful but i love them so much.
Snappies Im the same, Ive been having usual twinges and to me thats a sign of something! I felt a bit sick watching a movie.. thats another sign!!!
Its already doing my head in.
Broody2013
Im sorry to hear your journey is a long one, i really hope you get your wish soon xxx

Awww beautiful! As you have probably guessed I have a 5 month working cocker. He is crazy but defo my baby :) so loving and silly lol! He does help me take my mind off things a little :) x

Oh I get your pain. I'm not particularly obsessive but I am annoyingly inpatient about most things! And I'm literally at the start of this TTC business! It seemed to take forever to get to May when we agreed to start, then I had a 3 week wait for a doc appointment to get my IUD out! Now I'm in days after my period and before ovulation! Sigh! Thankfully I have a two week holiday coming up next week to distract me this cycle! I'm just trying to relax and give it a good 6 months before I start to worry or anything! I have two ragdoll kitty cats who help with the want to mother something. Poor cats get an awful lot of cuddles!

Last edited:
I'm glad im not on my own with being obsessive :D Good luck everyone! xxxx

I'm obsessive as well, was the same before I got married planned a wedding in my head and we weren't even engaged or even talked about marriage. I totally over thought last month and really got my hopes up when af was two days late, this month I'm trying to put it to the back of my mind but I doubt that will happen especially as my two best friends have recently found out they are pregnant and it's all they talk about. I hope your not on this journey long it's still early days for us only five months ttc xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back