Obem

twinkle90

Reaction score
Anyone know when the next series starts? It must be pretty soon right? Xx

Dont think theyv confirmed a date or new season yet... I thought it might be March time..

Im excited. I watched it when I was pregnant first time round and every season since Ive bawled my eyes out because I know what a magical moment giving birth is.

xxxx

I did hear somewhere they were going to scrap OBEM! I love it personally and really hope there is more of it! Think I have watched all of them on catch up twice lol xx

Yeah a few papers put out articles to scrap it as it terrifies people.

I was scared of labour regardless as it was my first time and any scenario could play out. It actually gives reassurance that alot of the time after a big panic baby arrives safely.

xxxx

Yeah I agree, I liked all the different angles that it gave and gives, I don't see why not! I think it is nice seeing it from the midwives point of view as well, as of course when you are in that situation the last thing you are thinking about is the midwives and how they view their job etc. xx

True.

I was abusive to mine so... I think I might try be a bit nicer next time.

Was a good REAL show, one of very few on atm :lol:

xxxx

:rofl: you meanie! To be fair I wasn't exactly the best behaved patient either, but only because mine was really negative! As soon as I walked in she was like "oh dear you're not managing the pain very well are you, have you thought about pain relief?" I was like f**k off I'm doing just fine thank you lol - didn't have anything but a few puffs of gas and air in the end! When I told her i needed to push, she walked out and said "well it's too soon I'm going on my break now" and by the time she was back, luckily another midwife checked on me and Sofia was born! Haha! Just annoyed me a lot that she was so negative xx

Thats why I got pissed off. Mine were telling me dont push im jot ready and I eventually says will someone check me and she says 10cm. I says time to push then isnt it? I had been renching my back for ages trying not to push. Theyr telling me Im not ready to stop it. :lol: plus they do state the obvious. This big Nigerian lady was in my face going PUUUUSH CLAIRE YOU CAN DO IT. I says Im fucking pushing!!! I was nice as pie to OH, stroking his hand and all sorts. I blame the G&A :p It made me feel paranoid.

Despite knowing (and forgetting) about docking stations in the deliver suites I felt cheated. i was lyin getting stitched and suddenly went WHY did no one tell me I could have had my music on? Davids like you were givin a fuck claire :lol:

Its funny when we look back eh? How things soon settle once baby is here. Its also funny watching all this on TV.

I was high as a kite and after she did my stitches she says yeah that looks alright. I says alright? Thats my vagina your on about, I want it perfect. Also asked her to put another stitch in. For tightness.

So embarrassed. :blush:

xxxx

Please tell me they are not scrapping it. If it scares people then don't watch it. Surely it's simple. I found it very useful and absolutely love it x

Claire you crack me up so much :rofl: excellent!!

I am watching season 1 as we speak :D going back through it all to just you know, prepare myself all over again hahahaa xx

I might catch up. Really do alot of catchup episodes and ofcourse the amazing demand system now lol.

I like the wee mw with the glasses and long tunic. Cant mind her name but she looks like a Wendy so thats what Ill call her.

Aw I was mortified after it.

Yeah shes a bit of a legend midwife I want an old one thats done it all her life next time definitely! Haha, I want to be a midwife! xx

I always toyed with the idea id be scared every birth I seen would make me broody :lol:

Plus Im already a good band in the nhs for admin so im better doing that than starting all over again. It would be fab though.

Such an amazing job. So rewarding id imagine.

Ive seen my main mw a few times in asda, dunno if she lives local but she was south african. I was calling her Armani during labour because she had armani diamonds on and i love that perfume. Remember i was out my tits :lol: I hope shes there again it was her that stitched me. She had a finger in my bum to check the muscles and she says squeeze on my hand for me and i literally squeezed her hand. Shes like nooo... With your.... I was like ohhh sorry. She mustv thought I was a crack pot.

xxxx

Can you imagine that on OBEM. I would never sign up for it incase I had a repeat.

G&A is the devil!!

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back