Nutramigen formula advice please?

MrsPod

Reaction score
Feel like I'm constantly asking for help!

A has been put on this for lactose intolerance. First feed I spent half the time wiping up milk he was spitting out. Any advice as to how to get him to take it better?

How long did it take for you to see a difference in your Lo? We only started at 11am this morning and he'd had a really bad night. Then a bad morning and 3 hours of crying before just going down for 20 mins.

I only have two 400g tins, how often am I going to need to get more on prescription? He took 120ml over almost an hour at 11 then had another 40ml at 12:50, now had another 40ml but keeping going after a little break.

I'm so sleep deprived already, getting desperate for him to have a decent nap so I can too. Didn't sleep at all last night and my usually brilliant OH was pretty useless overnight and this morning.

Joseph is on cow and gate pepti junior for his cows milk protein allergy. A tin only last about 2 and a half days. Dr gave us a prescription for 6 tins and expected it to last a month. No chance. Been in today to ask for more. It took Joseph a few days to show improvement when his milk was changed but within a few days he was a happy, gurling little baby that he should have always been. Consultant said it can take 4-6 weeks for it to fully go through their system and get rid of all the old milk x

Thank you so much! I think I'll ring the surgery tomorrow and see if it can be put on repeat prescription for him and if a new script can be done out asap.

Hello. My little girl has been on this sinve she was a month old. Took to it easily tho. She just drank it. However up until she was 6 mnths shes always brought a little bit back up.

Not much help i know but ive always gelt like im battling with the doctors to get the milk (as its so expensive) and for a long time we were paying £140 a month for it! And that was only 7 tins!! Which lasted us maybe 2 1/2 to 3 weeks. But i went to see a diffrent amazing gp! And now we get what she needs on repeat perscription. Definatly make sure they sort it for you now! (Which they should do)

It was hard at first even tho a consultant at our hospital perscribed it only 1 tin at a time!!

my lo is now 11 months and its a breeze now! If you need anything or just a rant feel free to ask!!
Xxx

Thanks lottielou! Do you mind if I add you as a friend so that you're easy to find again? We had 2 tins prescribed, rang the gp today and should have it on repeat prescription as of tomorrow, in bigger quantities and another prescription waiting for me to pick up, which is a relief as I'm not sure what we've got will last us through the weekend. It looks like he might already be getting into more of a feeding routine, is sleeping better, crying less - though still in pain - his eczema is improving, he's much less sick too and is taking it better slightly warmed. My GP is really good, so very thankful for that considering how expensive it is.

He's not had a poo for almost 24 hours now, so slightly worried he's constipated, will have to figure out when to give him some cooled boiled water, how much to give and how to help him not splutter on it.

Hoping we'll be referred to a dietitian at the 6 week check up so that we can make sure we wean him right.

Me too! Thats fab that its sorted. We have found weaning a breexe honestly
so yep anything you want to know
ill try my best to answer :) x

Ladies can i ask what the key symtoms were for this

I've been trying to tell docs he has it for weeks- pedi at hospital dismissed and now he's on formula from breast milk he's dropped a centile and HV at the clinic today has told me to go demand this milk to see if it makes a difference

What were your LOs poohs like? Sick? Tummy pains? Gas?

With Joseph he was having chronic stomach pain. Wouldn't bring his wind up. He could go 5 days without passing a poo and then we would have hours of uncontrollable sobbing as he couldn't pass it. His poo was very very hard. He got to the point that he would scream if you put his bottle anywhere near him. He gained weight no problem but you could not put anything on his tummy as it was so sore. They misdiagnosed colic for 4 weeks before we actually got a diagnosis. I know some child vomit with it but Joseph didn't (I think he is too tight with his food like his Daddy ) xx

Nutramigen have a Facebook page which I have found very helpfull. There are loads of tips and advice on there. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back