nursing tops

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by k8_005, Jun 5, 2013.

1. k8_005

k8_005 Well-Known Member

ok ladies so i plan to breast feed if im able. question is how many nursing tops as suchshould i get? sounds a bit stupid to not know but i dont really have a clue will one a day be ok ie 7 or am i best to end up wit haround 14? or do i not need "nursing tops" and can get away with other tops?! help?!!

also second question related though, in terms of night dresses i am more of a nude sleeper usually or pj's if we are at parents i will get some button down nightdresses for hospital but at home i guess il have to wear a nursing bra due to needing breast pads due to possible leakage but will i need night dresses too?

#1 k8_005, Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  2. AmyQ

AmyQ Well-Known Member

I haven't bought any nursing tops, fortuntely in this weather vests are perfect as they just lift up. Looser t-shirts or shirts are also brilliant. You'll find that nursing tops are difficult to find and expensive.

As for night-time, I wear a nursing bra as I tend to leak a lot overnight. Either that or a support vest so I can pop breast pads in. I have a button down pj top, but I found vests are so much easier to lift up in the middle of the night.

Hope that helps xx

3. AmyQ

AmyQ Well-Known Member

Oh and when I looked at nursing tops I was so confused about the panels and what lifted where and how to put them on that I gave up lol! :)

4. k8_005

k8_005 Well-Known Member

Thanks amy

5. LouiseH

LouiseH Well-Known Member

I've found some fab nursing tops in Simply Be!
    Dead simple to use too :) I've got 4.. Xx

6. k8_005

k8_005 Well-Known Member

Il have a look is simply be online?

7. AmyQ

AmyQ Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm just a little special... mummy brain lol!

8. LouiseH

LouiseH Well-Known Member

Yeah online :) My mum ordered them online for me, and a few nursing bras from there too. And oversized button down nighties :) The bras dead nice too, its quite pretty/sexy (ha if that makes sense or ius even possible!) Its black & purple with lacey bits on... Tried it on last night and OH liked it, had no idea it was a nursing bra.. Made my boobies look great lol x

9. k8_005

k8_005 Well-Known Member

Sounds a great site then il have a look when I'm on the desk top comp (phone browsing just frustrates me for shopping).

10. Becky1

Becky1 Well-Known Member

I've got a couple of t shirts that are feeding tops from h&m and a couple of vests from mothercare. I've also been looking on eBay but they go for loads considering they are second hand!!

11. number3

number3 Well-Known Member

Seen some nursing vests in matalan..x

12. k8_005

k8_005 Well-Known Member

Ohh matalan good call hadn't fort about looking there :) x

13. l_maclean

l_maclean Well-Known Member

I never had special nursing tops. Layers is the key - a stretchy best top under a t-shirt you can lift.

The t-shirt comes up, pull the neck of the best down and u are still completely covered . No flabby belly on show. Only thing is make sure top is loose enough to lift up.

Primary do stretchy vest for about £1 I have them every different colour

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

14. l_maclean

l_maclean Well-Known Member

PRIMARK!

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

15. TaffyRose

TaffyRose Well-Known Member

Completely agree, layering is the key and I also bought some great stretchy vest tops from Primark. I also had some huge muslin squares which I used to use when feeding. I would tuck the cloth into my bra strap then cover Max over with the rest of the cloth, hid everything :) The muslin cloths were also great as light covers, Max was a June baby xxx

16. Petit Pois

Petit Pois Well-Known Member

Yes to layers! I didn't want my squashy belly on show, so got some vests with hidden support (that way they do for night time too) and wore them under a loose t shirt or even an open shirt/cardi if I was at home. Just pull the vest down and your good to go! :)

Tapatalking!