Nursing/Gliding Chair

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by russellmuscle, Apr 8, 2016.

1. russellmuscle

russellmuscle Well-Known Member

Anyone seen any nice/good ones?

I didn't have one for Jackson, recently sat in one in Mothercare and have decided its a must have for me. My back is awful not pregnant, and after Jackson I was falling to bits. So thinking it be nice to have one in our bedroom and living room. My sofa is comfy, but doesnt give me the right support and so I imagine trying to get comfy feeding a baby will be hard on it. I am barely on the sofa these days (I eat my dinner for 15 mins then back to the grind) I have little time to "chill" but feeding a newborn round the clock, I imagine I will be sitting a lot, couch eventually hurting me.

I have been looking on my pram center as Ill be getting pram and Snuzpod from there, makes sense to get the nursery chair from there and keep them there until needed.

Anyone getting/had one? I'm a bit apprehensive on spending a lot because - well after Im done with it, it ends up a dumping chair in your living room or bed room that doesn't match your other furniture :lol:

xxxx

#1 russellmuscle, Apr 8, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  2. kittykitchn

kittykitchn Well-Known Member

I have one, can't wait to use it! I would never buy one new and spend that much, but they pop up on Gumtree and Facebook from time to time, mine was £30 and I plan to cover it (though probably won't!)

3. russellmuscle

I have seen some on gumtree. I have been keeping my eyes open.

Seen a few in close range for 50-70 quid. Good named ones too.

I don't wanna be left with a chair thats hard to resale after, so may look more at the used ones.

A lot the covers come off too, so I could dry clean them.

xxxx

4. kittyrooroo

kittyrooroo Well-Known Member

We got one as part of our furniture set, love it! It's really good for feeding, so comfy and your arms don't go numb etc. My dad falls asleep on it every time he visits! It used to be in the front room in the old house, this time it's in the nursery so I'm not sure how much it'll get used but it'll be handy. It's got pouches in the side for magazines and snacks which is great! Xxx

5. russellmuscle

Yeah my joints got bad after I remember, from constant feeding and bending and I used a pillow too! I am also buying a changing station this time, so I don't need to bend as much as my joints and back was awful afterwards and still is :lol:

I fear I actually might get one of these and never leave it :eek:oo:

xxxx

6. Toni.C

Toni.C Well-Known Member

We got a gliding chair from kiddicare brand new without the footstool for £50. It was in perfect condition and was only that cheap as they didn't have the box for it as it got damaged. I could recommend it enough. Live in mine after I had my c section and still use it now he's 14 months old when he wakes in the night we sit under and blanket and rock to sleep the back of mine also reclines too.

This is what we got without the stool

http://www.kiddicare.com/p/Kiddicare_Recline_glider_Chair_and_Stool.htm

7. Jojo84

Jojo84 Well-Known Member

We got a rocking chair and it's been great but sliding chairs make me feel seasick

8. fairyprincess

fairyprincess Well-Known Member

I'd love one but can't afford to buy one brand new so I'm keeping my eye out for a bargain on eBay/gumtree x

9. GF91

GF91 Well-Known Member

I've got one- got it off eBay £75 brand new. Ended up sleeping in it from 28 weeks because my SPD was sooo bad. Was the only way could get comfortable. I have to admit I didn't use it much overnight when I was breastfeeding as she was in a Chico next to you crib so I just used to sit up in bed and feed her- but once she went into her own room it was a godsend. It's still in her room now so if she wakes in the night we just snuggle into that until she falls back asleep!

10. russellmuscle

Thank you!

I will sit and have a proper weigh out whether to get one new or second hand. I do want the stool though! My last sofa had a poufie, which I loved. This one doesnt.

xxxx

I dunno which Id prefer out the rocking or gliding but I tried the gliding in Mothercare and it was nice. Mind you, you could be on those things for hours at a time at night :p

xxxx

Your good at your bargain hunting Im sure youll get one.

xxxx

11. Toni.C

Toni.C Well-Known Member

Before we brought our gliding chair, we brought a second hand rocking chair with a lovely high back for £30 only because we couldn't afford the gliding chair. Both were lovely and my plans for the rocking chair were for me to make some cushions/pads for it. I would've kept both but I needed rid of the rocking chair to get the gliding chair and I couldn't justify having both :( I'd probably say the gliding chair is better for long feeds.

12. Glitter2707

Glitter2707 Well-Known Member

I have this one
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2812186.htm?CMPID=GS001&_$ja=cgid:18091972405%7Ctsid:59156%7Ccid:189942085%7Clid:105720319045%7Cnw:g%7Ccrid:77627773165%7Crnd:16855111339204073764%7Cdvc:t%7Cadp:1o4%7Cbku:1&gclid=CNqs0Zv7_8sCFZAW0woduLQLyQ

And it's amazing! I love it & still snuggle with my very nearly two year old in it for bedtime story & cuddles every night. I think I got it from asda in baby event so wasn't quite as much as listed here. It has been well worth it though, the gliding motion is awesome. The stool glides too! X

13. Glitter2707

Glitter2707 Well-Known Member

Hooray got it right that time :-D x

14. flinty84

flinty84 Well-Known Member

I brought a glider chair from kiddiecare 3 years ago for my son. It was one of my must haves! Used it all the time for night feeds when he went into his own room at 7 weeks, to start with I used it for daytime feeds too. I still have it, but I have to figure out where it's going to go as we've moved now and have a much bigger bedroom, so she'll be in my room and I'm not convinced the chair will fit, as well as the cot.

15. russellmuscle

I think Ill deffo need to get one.

I had a big chair last time but weve changed sofas and its not ideal for prolonged sitting.

xxxx

16. Babyhnumbertwo

Babyhnumbertwo Well-Known Member

I had one for my second wee one. I bought it off Gumtree for about £40 and then re-sold it. I liked it when I was pregnant and then hardly used it when baby was born and it was a dumping ground. But I still loved it when I had it.xxx

17. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Member

We've bought a second hand dutailier glider chair and footstool from EBay for £90. It's really comfortable but I think it could do with being able to recline xx

18. Birdie

Birdie Well-Known Member

With my son I got one of the kiddicare ones with the stool second hand off EBay for £70 and I loved it, especially for breastfeeding.

19. Poispinner

Poispinner Well-Known Member

I have this chair with the stool and its amazing! So comfy.