Nursing bras & big boobies

buggy1

Reaction score
I need a couple of decent nursing bras but I am having trouble finding some. I've been in M&S and Mothercare and they never have anything in my size!

The last one I bought was a 34G and it's become a little tight around the back so I think I need a 36. I suppose I need to get measured so not sure about buying one on line.

I just wondered if someone knew of a good place to go? I know they can be a bit pricey which is fair enough but I don't want to spend silly amounts...

Thanks x

I am having the same problem! I am going to go to bravissimo to get measured and perhaps get one from there and then try and find some cheaper ones online from figleaves xx

I've tried loads of nursing bras and couldn't find any with a decent amount of support. I read reviews on Anita underwired nursing bras so ordered one and oh my god, they're the best bras I've ever worn. They are a bit pricey but I think are well worth the money. They are underwired so I only started wearing them when the size of my boobs settled! Can't recommend them enough!x

Yesterday I had my first antenatal class and the NCT teacher told us to go to M&S or Bravissimo. She said it would be better not to go to Mothercare as according to her the staff is not trained on doing bra measurements.

One other good comment she made was that the Bravissimo bra's have their own measurements so if you get measured at Bravissimo you can't use these measurements to go shop online as you will end up buying the wrong size.

She recommended the Bravissimo (Milton Keynes & Oxford) and Hotmilk (Milton Keynes & Abingdon) bra's as they seem to be the best to get. xx

Thanks Lydia!! Maybe I will just stick with bravissimo bras then, don't want to end up with the wrong size x

Debenhams are quite good, I ended up going with a couple of Royce bras in the end. I was measured at Mothercare and bought my bras elsewhere. Maybe it's just some stores. I'm bf and have gone up to an epic 34H!

Definitely recommed Bravissimo as well. I may end up going soon. I searched M&S last night to see what they have in 32F/G and there was one option. Not the best variety!

Will have to make a trip to MK I think to try this Bravissimo out!

I also went with royce as I'm breastfeeding too and my boobs went to a massive 36g! X

I have the same problem and now its even worse. I moved to SA, TX from Boise, ID and I able to find a woman who sold specialty bras and other baby, maternity, nursing things as well. So I was able to go to her house to get measured correctly, try on a few, and order which ever one I wanted. She has a website that I can still go to and she does sell Bravado bras which usually run around $50, much cheaper than any other sites I've been to. My problem now is that I don't know how big I am and there doesn't seem to be any specialty store or place here in San Antonio to even get measured correctly. For any of you out there that want to check out the website it's called mommysown.

So I have a question. I have 8 weeks left. My regular bra that I am using barely fits anymore. I have constant upper back pain that doesn't seem to be relieved whether I wear a bra or not. I'd like to get a bra that fits correctly but there aren't any stores here in SA, TX that sell specialty sizes. I need to get measured but I don't want to get measured wrong. I've heard that your bra size can increase even after delivery so since this could be my last pregnancy I don't want to buy a bunch of different size bras that I may never use again. Any suggestions?

Not too sure to be honest but I think some stores should be trained in fittings for pregnant women and they take in to account how much your size will change after the birth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back