Nursery settling sessions

Kimi89

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I’m back to work part time on June 19th and my son will be going to nursery 3 days a week for full days. They wanted to start his settling sessions on the 11th so only a week before I go back to work which didn’t seem long enough for him to settle so I asked if we could bring it forward abit. They’ve offered the 4th. How long before starting should sessions begin and surely it wouldn’t be everyday? That seems very full on for a baby. He will be 9.5 months then.

Thank you! X

I have a childminder rather than nursery however you will be surprised how quickly children of this age settle in to a new setting. To be honest it is likely to be harder for you than the little one. They will usually start off only going for a short time, an hour perhaps and then lengthen the time until either it is s full day or you are comfortable with it. It might take much longer for them to settle and not cry when you leave but usually within 5-10 minutes of you leaving they will be settled and will soon get used to the routine.

Good Luck ands try not to worry too much. Babies are very adaptable.

I had the same situation last year, I went back to work part time after standard maternity leave finished. My little girl had a taster morning session at nursery about a week so so before I think. All went fine, she absolutely loves her days at nursery playing with her friends. I think it has really helped with her development. I'm sure your son will love it to, it is very hard to leave your child and go off to work for the day to begin with. Now I appreciate having a bit of adult time at work and I know my daughter is in great hands and enjoys her day. Hope all goes well for you both. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back