Nursery Pics

AmberNicole

Reaction score
Have any of you started or finished your baby's room? Ava is sharing my room until my DH moves over from Scotland. Here's her area so far....

Crib2.jpg

I still need to get her a dresser for all of her clothes.

We're still working on the walls for the baby's room (painting a mural). I don't even have any furniture yet! :shock:

Your crib is very nice, and the winnie the pooh bedding is sooo cute! I especially like how you put Ava's crib near windows, this way she can wake up to the sunshine!

Thank you! :)

What kind of mural are you having painted? I can't wait until DH gets over here so we can move out and Ava can have her own room. I would LOVE to have a fairytale mural painted for her room. Castles, fairies, and princesses!

We've painted the ceiling blue and we'll be painting some clouds into it. The sky is extended about two feet down the walls, where it runs into the mountains. On one wall we have a big castle with a pathway leading to the castle. On the other wall we have a big tree with chip and dale on a branch, and winnie the pooh in the grass on some flowers. Although my DH and I aren't artists, we did it ourselves, and I'm happy with how well it turned out. Sorry I don't have any pics to post :(

Yes it does, it sounds fantastic! Shame about the photos.

unfortunatly my nursery is not set up yet. I am getting to that next month after mom gets me my crib. everything revolves around the crib. i can't put anything on the walls as i am renting the house i live in. so far the only things i have furniture wise is a bassinet and travel system. everything is pooh though. i LOVE pooh!

Diddlum...I absolutely LOVE the yellow wall...Funny I never ever would have thought yellow for a nursery...But it is so bright and cheery!

Hi all

we've just started on the nursery. got creamy/yellow walls with cream carpet. pine furniture, cot, wardrobe etc. hopefully will have it completed by the end of june so gives a good 5 weeks for the odour etc to settle before our little one arrives.

Exciting,,,,,and scary time at the moment.

Sam & Bump

Thanks Pansy!

And I've just noticed (haven't been on here for a while) my ticker says I'm 44 weeks pg!! But i've got my little girl now so better go and update it....

Aww she is adorable...Any more pics?...I seen on another post you was going to do a birthing story...Have you posted it yet?
I love to read them...They should have a section on here strictly for them!

I did write it all out Pansy but it was so long I didn't post it !

Ok, ok, this is it!! Sorry if you can't make it all the way to the end....!

Niamh’s Birth story

Thursday 19th / Friday 20th May

During the night I felt some water trickling out of me, and when I went to the loo more trickled out and it was tinged with pink. I felt this 2 or 3 times during the night and woke up in a wet patch on Friday morning.
I rang the hospital and was told to go in so they could examine me. At the hospital the baby’s heart rate was checked, position felt and my temperature taken. They did an internal but no fluid was detected – to be honest I wasn’t that surprised as I hadn’t felt any more trickling during the morning.
I had a bit of a crampy feeling and backache during the day.

At 8:45pm (Friday) the first contraction came – it was quite painful and seemed to last a while! There was another about half an hour later but nowhere near as painful, more of just a mild cramp so I wasn’t sure whether it was a contraction or not, then had another one like that at about 10pm.
I went to bed about 10:30pm, and had a couple more contractions. I woke up about midnight and felt my waters trickling again. Went to the loo for a wee, just got back to the bedroom when I felt the water trickling again. I went back down to the bathroom and found I’d had a show! I had more contractions through the night but they were very irregular – some an hour apart and some only 20 mins apart, I was able to sleep in between them.

Next morning the contractions continued but were still irregular. I saw a post that emgem had made where she’d been told when she rang the hospital to try getting in the bath and if it wasn’t real labour the contractions would stop. She said when she did that they started coming 5-6 mins apart and that’s what happened to me! Contractions were coming thick and fast while I was trying to get myself ready and dry my hair!
I rang the hospital and they told me to go in to be examined. We went straight down there (half an hour’s drive) and after an internal was told to go home because I wasn’t far enough on and to wait until the contractions were more like 3-4 minutes apart – my notes say that my cervix would admit one finger. They told me to stay as mobile and upright as possible. I was well miffed off at being sent home, the contractions were painful and already 5 mins apart and being half an hour from the hospital I was worried that I wouldn’t get back there in time.
So, went home, put the TENS machine on and a couple of hours later (including travelling there and back!) we were back at the hospital and I was 4 cm dilated. They took us straight through to the delivery suite. We were put in just an ordinary room with a bed and a ball. I originally intended to use the pool if it was free but by that time I was thinking that it wouldn’t be enough for me to relieve the pain. They moved us again to another ‘nicer’ room, not much different but a bit more nicely decorated! I started to feel sick then, and managed to fill two containers with the contents of my stomach!
They set up the gas and air for me and then it was a change of shift for the midwives. I asked for pethidine and was given a shot which made me feel woozy and took the edge off the pain but didn’t take it away. The midwife that came on shift then moved us to yet another room, this one was far better – more geared towards the ‘active’ birth thing – with a big mattress type thing in the corner with bean bags and cushions piled on it.
So the contractions were then coming thick and fast of course, and I was using the gas and air and of course the effects of the pethidine.

To be honest the rest of the contractions and when I got to the pushing stage is pretty much a blur. I just remember being in so much pain and sucking on the gas and air like it was going out of fashion! The midwife had me on all fours and leaning up against the big bean bag, and eventually I got this feeling as though it was all in my bum, which I think was when I reached the stage to push. I still had all my clothes on then so changed into my old nightshirt.

After that I just seemed to be pushing for ages and ages, I don’t know what time that started but I know we were trying to get the waters to break, I put my hand down there and could feel the bag of waters sticking out of me! Eventually they went with a gush.

Then it all goes even more blurry in my memory, I just remember being in a lot of pain and feeling so tired, I can’t remember how many times I said, “I can’t do this anymore!”. The midwife had me in every conceivable position: on all fours, standing up, lying on my back, on my left side, on my right side. Now comes the slightly embarrassing part…. She asked me if I was constipated and I said I didn’t know (didn’t really think I was but I do suffer a bit with that sometimes!) so she asked me if I wanted an ENEMA!!! I said yes if she thought it would help. I turned round to Rob at this point and asked him if he’d like to leave the room for that…. So she did it and that seemed to help as things progressed more quickly after that. At some point she had me sitting up against the bean bag and was pushing against my feet to help me push. She got Rob involved in that which I think he wasn’t too sure about at first (always said he wouldn’t go down the ‘business end’!) and eventually the head apparently started to show, but it kept slipping back up so it took ages and ages. Finally she told me that within the next 2 or 3 contractions she wanted me to stop pushing and start panting to let the head out slowly. Probably 4 or 5 contractions later she told me to pant and I panted for what my life was worth! I was so dying to stop panting but just carried on going and I’m really proud of myself for that! So eventually the head was out. Rob was in raptures about it and afterwards told me that her hands were up to her face at that point. The midwife asked me if I wanted to feel the head – that freaked me out a bit and I said no, but then changed my mind and put my hand down to feel the head and a little ear! With the next contraction her body just slipped out, that was at 2:58am on Sunday 22nd May. She had a little cry but not much. She was wiped down a bit before being put on my tummy but Rob said she was pretty clean anyway. I had the injection to help deliver the placenta and that slipped out easily about 10/15 mins later, no problems there. I had no tears, cuts or stitches.

I know that at the time I thought it was a horrendous experience but it’s true what they say – looking back I already struggle to remember exactly why I thought it was so awful, and reading what I’ve just written it sounds pretty boring and uneventful!

The best thing about it was that Rob was the most supportive partner I could ever hoped for – he was absolutely brilliant. He kept trying to massage my back though and I didn’t want it so kept sending him away! Bless.

MY TOP TIP: WHATEVER YOU DO PANT LIKE HELL WHEN THE HEAD’S COMING OUT!!!!

Congratulations with your little girl she looks beautiful :) and well done :d
but i gotta say after ready that i am ****ing myself about labour!!! im due in 6 weeks time and i am so scared about it all!! i bet your so glad you had your partners supports! hows Niamh doing now? how are you doing now too? xxx

Thanks jo! We're fine and Niamh's a good girl most of the time so I'm coping much better than I expected to.

Please don't be scared about the birth - chances are though if you're really that scared it won't be half as bad as you expect! I think I was the other way round!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back