Nursery furniture

Eveadel

Reaction score
Hi girls

Just interested to hear where you bought your nursery furniture from?

mamas & papas in the end - the in laws bought it tho, - i was originally going for a whole range of stuff i had seen in the ikea (hensvik) - but when it came to go get it, it didnt look half as good as the pic's on the interenet, the cot was really tiny and then thre was a problem with the changing unit - they wouldn't sell me it because it had failed some quality check - so i dint bother getting the rest - if something that baby only goes on for about 15 mins and your with them the whole time wasnt safe - well i wasnt buying the cot that they sleep in unsupervised for the night!!!

there are pics of my nursery on here - somewhere! if you wana take a peek at the furniture

shamu

Oh Shamu that was a lucky escape with the Ikea furniture. Where can I find your nursery piccies?

oo -eck!

dunno how to post a link to the topic - but its in march baby club topic under "hooray my nursery is all done"

Shamu

It is really lovely before you know it your baby will be here.

Seren's bedroom is great, I do like the furniture in Argos. Was you able to see the furniture erected before you bought it??

We've bought the same furniture from Argos as you Beanie and I love it, I really don't think it looks like its from there and as the bed lasts until they're 10 I think its a bargain!

Eveadel, I'm not sure if you can see the furniture from there before hand unless they have samples on display in the larger Argos stores but this package (cot bed/wardrobe.chest of drawers with detachable changer/shelves and under the cot drawer) was £350.

Here's the link if you're interested -

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... niture.htm

Here's some piccies of our nursery ( I know i've got ages to go yet but as i've already finished work couldn't resist!! :lol: )

100_1659.jpg

100_1660.jpg

100_1661.jpg

Nicki.x :D

Ah Nicki its lovely. Im not quite sure whether it is me but Beanie & Nickis furniture looks different colours??? Are they the same nursery furniture?

they are, mine looks more orangy due to the lighting, but it is the colour that nicki's is. it is really nice sturdy furniture i am very pleased x

awww nicki your nursery is adorable :D xxxx

Everyone's nurseries look and sound gorgeous, we have just started to sort ours out, we have just got back from town -Had a right spending spree!!

We have bought our nursery furniture - whohoo!!!!!! We have ordered the Savannah mamas and papas cot/bed with matress, cot top changer, dresser and bookcase. I quite like to shelf too - so may go back and order that too!!

We have bought the Zeddy and Rhubarb changing mat, fleece for the pram, lantern light shade, cot bumper and quilt set, sleeping bag / grow bag and the musical cot mobile. We also picked up the curtains and borders which we had ordered last week.

We have been to the carpet shop and put a hold on a carpet so all we need to do now is get cracking on the painting. I can't wait for it to be finished, I bet I won't be able to stop looking at it :D

Xxx

Hi all just to update you all on my nursery - DH has been really busy!!! On Tuesday he sanded it all down and re-glossed the windows, door frame, skirting boards and radiator and on Wednesday he painted the ceiling and started on the walls. The walls before were blue and we were putting buttermilk over the top so as you can imagine it took a lot of patience!! After 2 coats you could still see the blue underneath, so on Wednesday night we went to buy some more paint and Dh put another coat on on Thursday - when I came home from work on Thursday the room was all finished :D It looks brill, we are going to put the border up next week. Once the border is up, I think we will ring and arrange for the carpet to be delivered!!!

We have had a call from the shop and our pram is now in stock, whohoo!!!! Mum and Dad are buying us the pram, which was a huge relief we couldn't have afforded everything. I am going into town with mum later on this afternoon and we are going to call in to pay off the remainding balalnce.

Oh it is so exciting :D

Xxx

sounds like everythins coming along nicely lindsay hun make sure you take some pics :D xxxxxxx

Hi all - we now have the Zeddy and Rhubarb border up, it looks proper class :D :D

Xxx

Did you guys not find once the babies room was finished you just couldnt stay out of there? lol

I cant wait for LO to come out and get in there. I've added a link of my nursery below. Luckily our families all bought different things for us, its amazing how expensive a baby can be.

All our furniture was bought from Boori who are based in Australia apart from the good old reliable Ikea for extras. Think I got a bit carried away when it came to painting the walls, but hey its our first baby! lol

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/icklev ... /my_photos

www.boori.co.uk

What a cool nursery, I am really impressed!

I know what you mean, I have only got the walls painted and the border up and I keep going in to have a look :D

Xxx

lol it doesnt stop lindsay hun i go in the nursery every day and just look around and smile :D xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back