Nursery Furniture

Daydreaming

Reaction score
So I bet I am not alone when I say I have been browsing Nursery furniture. What I want to know is if you have any preferences/suggested suppliers?

I fell in love with the Dark Wood Sleigh furniture set at ToysRus (babiesRus), but have found out they are out of stock and no guarantees they will be getting more in - so am looking for back up options.

I know I still have ages to go, but it doesn't hurt to plan ahead! :)

What's your price range? And is it dark wood you're wanting?

I love looking at nursery furniture - some of it is so beautifully made!

I was super duper lucky as a friend was selling a mamma's and papa's cot for only £60 as her 18 month old daughter had outgrown it- complete with mattress- it was in excellent condition so we snapped it up XD

Before we got our cot we were looking at john lexis - prices are reasonable starting at around £100 for a cot plus it's a company with a really good reputation for high levels of customer service

Good luck xxxx

Rachel - I prefer dark wood stuff, would contrast against my beige/yellow wall theme well me thinks.
The price for the set on ToysRus (Cot, Cupboard and dresser) was £700 which we could manage - could poss go higher if required but don't really want to.

Furbaby - I'm all down for second hand, but as you point out, you still want it in good quality, so buying off ebay can be hit or miss. I have already ordered an "old school" pram from ebay though, which I'm going to "do up" :)

I've just had mine from mamas and papas. Brilliant service, came within time delivery slot and no issues with them taking it upto our nursery for us x

I have dark wood furniture and we went for Boori it is fantastic quality. The cot was abotu £350 but we did buy a beautifull dresser which was £700 but the kind of thing that will last a lifetime.
xxx

theres so much lovely furniture about, shame i havent got a babys room to decorate yet x

I seriously love looking at nursery furniture and seeing pics of peoples decorated baby rooms! Think it's because I unfortunately can't decorate my own just yet, so it makes me feel a bit better haha!

Yeah the John Lewis variety is gorgeous! Hope it somewhat helped :)

I like the collections in mamas and papas, have no idea which I'm going to go for though, they all look lovely in store!

We got a great deal from a local shop beautiful white sleigh cot for my son not sure what to get this time waiting to see what baby is!

Baby furniture must be very soft, comfortable and refreshing. It should have light and cute colors, instead of bright,loud colors.

Last edited:
So I bet I am not alone when I say I have been browsing Nursery furniture. What I want to know is if you have any preferences/suggested suppliers?

I fell in love with the Dark Wood Sleigh furniture set at ToysRus (babiesRus), but have found out they are out of stock and no guarantees they will be getting more in - so am looking for back up options.

I know I still have ages to go, but it doesn't hurt to plan ahead! :)

I had the white sleigh cot bed from babies r us an its gorgeous!! I love dark furniture but chose white because I thought matching wood shades would be more difficult with darker furniture. White is easy and looks really fresh!

We are going for the tutti bambini katie cot bed in Expresso. I love the dark wood too, its so nice. Tesco direct have some good deals. Thats where we are going to order from - even better we have clubcard vouchers to double up and can use them on nursery furniture :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back