Nursery Furniture - How much would you spend?

msjenny

Reaction score
I have got my nursery furniture shopping done however when I was looking for the market I realised that nursery furniture price differences are really huge

I was buying online...1 hour of google gives you dozen shops , hundreds of ranges , thousands of pounds to be spent...:)

You can buy noname cheap stuff at:

Tesco Argos Kiddicare IKEA (3 piece set for 350 pounds )
then go higher for
Funique, John Lewis, Wayfair (3 piece set 700-1200)
Then End up on designers pieces where is no price limit really..

Myself decided to go for mid range as quality and safety is something I do care about.

What was your experience with purchasing the nursery furniture. What was the most important for you.

Any experience with famous nursery brands such M&P or Boori. I do love some of their pieces but also think they are well overpriced.

We didn't buy things which were labelled as "nursery furniture". We went to IKEA and picked up a set of drawers and our DD's cot. We already have a clothing rail which I use for anything she hasn't worn yet (things just get washed and put in the drawers eventually).
We spent £55 on the cot and around the same for the drawers. We keep all of her toys and things in there whenever we aren't using them, including the pram, otherwise I would have bought a wardrobe too.

Argos I got a mammas and papas 3 piece half price so only paid 300 they got one now for 400.

We really struggled. I want solid wood pieces, no chip board or stuff that had been covered with plastic. We went to next home and picked a cot bed, chest of drawers with changer on top and a big wardrobe with two drawers and it came in just over £1000 and it's perfect. The drawers and wardrobe will do until he's a teenager now. It's all very solid and sturdy. We don't have that sort of money, so we felt these really were our investment pieces and I'm so glad we spent that bit more.

I went for big furniture last time and will again. I got the malm range and its still stnding strong.
This time I am going for the Ikea STUVA range in lime because it matches both age levels ours will be sharing. And I need tonnes of storage for 2 humans.

Not decided on a cot yet might just get the stuva one with under drawers.. We will see.

xxxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back