Numb fingers and hands

clareybell

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

My circulation has never been great, and I've always been quick to get pins a needles. However, for the past couple of weeks, every night I wake up with a hand that's totally numb, and its getting worse because now even when I'm not still, I'm getting tingles in the tips of my fingers. Is anyone else experiencing this and do you think it's something to be concerned about?

Hmm just been doing some research and sounds like it could be carpal tunnel syndrome - although I don't get pain, just numbness like my hand feels huge! Anyone know anything about this? X

Hi

Didn't want to read and run- I have no idea about this but it's not normal to have that and I would approach your gp just to check especially with bubs- if your noticing effects of poor circulation it's important bub is getting his/hers x

Thank you - I have my next midwife appointment on the 23rd, so unless it gets worse ill mention it then I think.

It definately sounds like carpal tunnel. I had it during my pregnancy with DS and I still have episodes now. It's more likely to happen in pregnancy because of the increase in blood flow putting pressure on the very small carpal space. Nothing to worry about but it can be quite disabling. I was given splints to wear at night to keep my wrists in a more neutral position and that did help but did get worse over time. If it's chronic non-pregnancy related they often make a small cut to release the pressure on the nerves leading in to the hand. Mine is just mildly irritating but I do get pain and numb hands on occassion and I know I have to wear the splints again. Get yourself referred to Physio, but you may have to buy your own splints depending on your area. Good luck!

My mum had carpel tunnel syndrome with my brother. I honk it happens often on pregnancy

Wow, I had this is one hand the other day and had no idea it was pregnancy related. So glad I saw this post...will mention to my midwife next week.

Thanks ladies.

:) xxx

Thanks very much ladies - now at least I know it's nothing too much to worry about but will defo talk to midwife about it in case anything needs done xx

I'd never heard of this either - hope it sorts itself out soon x.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back