Nuchal measurement

rach4910

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just had my first scan. Baby measured at 11 weeks 3 days which is about what I thought as I have long cycles. The nuchal translucency measurement was 2.8mm which the sonographer said was fine as long as under 3.5mm.
I guess my concern is that I'm only 11 weeks and 2.8 seems a bit on the high end.... Has anyone else been in the same position?

I can't remember what it was when I had my first.

Hey each, i was 12+6 at scan yesterday and measured 2.3 Which they said was in normal limits. Did u have the bloods took for downs and the other two things too? Xx

Thanks for your reply. I had bloods done just have to wait for results. I guess I'm anxious because I assume it gets bigger as they grow in which case at only 11 weeks it seems on the higher side already.

Yeah a think your right it does grow the bigger they get but its well within the measurements they add everything up with that and bloods she etc and come up with a risk. Was different when I was pregnant with my eldest boy he's nearly 8, was just bloods and that came back high risk, he didn't have downs xx

It must be horrible but i'd try not to panic too much.. I know it doesn't seem much but .7 mm is a lot considering the baby only grows 1cm in total through week 11 to 12.. Hopefully your bloods come back quickly to ease your worries as I know it's absolutely horrid xxx

It is a little higher than ideal but there is still a high chance everything is fine. DS had a NT measurement on the higher side and he didnt have any issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back