Nuchal Fold Test - advice please

s

Reaction score
Any idea if you can have this done before the 13 week stage?
My hospital have allowed me to have a scan at 12 weeks before my husband goes away but say I may have to come back for the NF Test.
S

Hi S,

I replied in other thread.. they will only do the NT test between 11 and 13+6 weeks... something to do with the accuracy of the measurements. So yes you can defo do it around your 12 week dating scan.. or during same scan like I had yesterday...??

xx

Hi Anne Marie

How did it go yesterday? Im sorry I havent been on before to ask.

Hi Eveadel,

I have posted a few times.. thanks for asking..

It was OK.. took a while as Bod was moving about too much and then not moving at all but they could not get the right image for the measurement to be accurate.. we were in and out of the sonographers room all pm!

But it was great to see Bod for so long on the screen.. I could watch all day!!

Eventually they took the measurement.. it was 1.4mm but my age increased the risk quite a bit and the overall assessed risk was 1 in 796.
We are quite pleased with that so no need for amnio [phew!]

We have another 4 pics to add to our scan photo album so far!! not another scan for 8 weeks.. not sure how I will cope without that reassurance!!

So.. how are you?

x

Hi Anne Marie

Ive replied on your other message, I am so pleased that everything went so well.

Im fine, so much more happy after my Nuchal Scan, I feel pregnant now although I still feel fat rather than pregnant. I weighed myself yesterday at work and I am now 8st 9 that is officially 1st 2 pounds I have put on since being pregnant but Im allowing for some of that weight due to giving up smoking as soon as I found out.

Im so excited about my 20 week scan not long to go now although I do hope everything is ok then

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back