Nub theory - how accurate was yours?

Zal88

Reaction score
To those of you who know your baby's gender, did u try out the nub theory and was it accurate?
I've been analysing my baby's nub lol and wondering if I'm right, will be interesting to see how many theories were right :)

I didn't think the nub was very clear on my 15 week scan but I was really sure I could see his bits in the shadowey blur and at my 20 week scan i was told it is a boy , not sure if it was science or my gut feeling though.
I have seen some posted on here and it is so clear to see , I think away xx

Last edited:
My gut feeling is confused as I thought it would be a girl, when I had a 13 week scan the nub is pointing up in one pic and a tiny bit down on the next but I think its a boy, not sure, confusimg!

That's amazing you could see his bits, so I'm taking yours as being accurate :)

Last edited:
I've seen your scan pics you posted and I think it's a girl that you have there. But please don't buy pink on my say so just in case . xx

Aww lol no don't worry hun, I won't be buying any clothes or anything yet until after my 20 week scan, and even then will keep it neutral just in case :D

Please someone explain to me the nub theory, and the skull shape thing for predicting if b or g cos I'm lost and I'd love to be able to understand. Cheers ears.x

I thought mine looked horizontal so a girl, but 20 week scan showed a boy.

I understand it the nub is in the lower region of baby in a scan picture there should be a line at shows up as light in colour, this line is the nub , the theory is if it is at at angle idealy 90 degrees it's a boy if it's straight it's a girl.
The skull theory is that a girl head is more rounded and boy's skull will often with have a more flatten look to it .
But I am not an expert and I tend to look at where the baby ends ie are there extras below the bottom area . Hope that helps mrs Wibbily xx

Last edited:
I read that if its 30 degrees pointing up its a boy, if it's pointing straight it's a girl, but of course it's not 100% accurate so I wouldn't want anyone to get their hopes up, it's a bit of fun to see if you were right :)

This video shows pics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iffd_gjLB8

a few people looked at my ds 12 week scan and said hes a happy chappy :lol: tbh never sure whether it was the nub or just part of the placenta, but whatever it was it wasnt horizontal ;)

Now I look at my 12w scan and I know bubs is team pink it does seem pretty obvious going on the skull and nub theories x

I think its all a load of rubbish lol! x

haha it probably is! But just a bit of fun to take guesses till 20 week scan..I am a bored pregnant woman :lol:

My nub was parallel to the spine so suggested a girl, and 20 week scan says it is a girl....12 weeks and we'll see! Tho a wee boy is going to look silly in a polka dot pram! Xx

Aww I hope it's a girl for you Gayle, and then she can enjoy that lovely pram and all those cute dresses she'll be in. Polka dot pram sounds so cute! I have no clue about prams or anything I need to start my research :shock:

Thanks, her wardrobe is bursting with girly clothes.....

Pram was easy for me, knew what I wanted from 7 weeks, just had to wait and see what sex the baby is! Xxx

ohh you're so organised well done! Love baby girls clothes they are so adorable, my OH knows that if we have a girl I will go a bit mad shopping lol

I have no idea, where does one begin? It's so overwhelming!

My LO's nub says girl - unfortunately we couldn't find out whether that's right or not (baby is determined to hide it's bits!). But I've had 3 dreams that it's a boy, and it's more likely to be a boy due to all the boys in OH's family. I'll let you know in a few weeks :D

ohh you're so organised well done! Love baby girls clothes they are so adorable, my OH knows that if we have a girl I will go a bit mad shopping lol

I have no idea, where does one begin? It's so overwhelming!

I think I may have bought up most of next. And the new winter directory arrived yesterday which was dangerous!! I have a wish list in each size now. So many people keep saying what can they get for her, so Ive been forced into thinking about it. Although I do find it cheeky!! Friends and family are insisting though.

Have a look in the shops, I love Asda and Matalan. Some very pretty clothes out there. Ive got 2 nephews so luckily I kind of just knoew what to get. Infact I have too much now. xx

I think I may have bought up most of next. And the new winter directory arrived yesterday which was dangerous!! I have a wish list in each size now. So many people keep saying what can they get for her, so Ive been forced into thinking about it. Although I do find it cheeky!! Friends and family are insisting though.

Have a look in the shops, I love Asda and Matalan. Some very pretty clothes out there. Ive got 2 nephews so luckily I kind of just knoew what to get. Infact I have too much now. xx

Friends and family are the same with us, they are going to want to buy so many things so it's better to choose what you like, makes it easier for them too.

I don't think i'll have any trouble with buying clothes, I'm quite good at that :p it's the pram/pushchair/cot and all that stuff that I have no idea about lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back