NT measurement

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by KateK, Jul 21, 2016.

1. KateK

KateK Well-Known Member

Does anyone feel comfortable sharing theirs? I had my dating scan today (12+4) and it measured 2.4mm.. I know this is in the normal range but also very aware that it's at the upper end.. It's niggling away at me, the norm seems to be around 1.5. Cannot for the life of me remember what it was with my first, though that scan was 5 years ago!

2. louise2610

louise2610 Well-Known Member

My notes are in front of me so I just had a look. At my 12 week scan mine measured at 1.50. I wouldn't dwell on it. The sonographer would have said something if they were concerned. Xxx

3. KateK

KateK Well-Known Member

Thanks Louise.. I know, really trying not to but you know how it is! x

4. Pumpkin9

Pumpkin9 Well-Known Member

With my first his nt was 1.7mm I think. With my second it was 3.2mm right at the top end of 'normal' totally freaked me out and I ended up booking a private harmony test before I'd had the combined test results back for the risk factor.

Anyway with my first the risk measurement was 1 in 10,000 with my second it was 1 in 620 - both were considered low risk.

I had these results before going for the harmony and decided to continue, it was expensive but so worth it. The consultant was great, I had a rescan and he showed me all the parts of my baby and checked they were OK. The blood test results came back after two weeks with a less than 1 in 10,000 risk of any main trisomy condition and we found out that our baby was a girl at 14 weeks with a 99% certainty.

She's now a happy and healthy 5 month old

In comparison I'd have been over the moon with your measurements. Please don't worry yourself xx

#4 Pumpkin9, Jul 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2016