NT measurement 2.9mm

Lorna1987

Reaction score
Hi all,

Yesterday I had my scan and was 12+6. The nuchal measurement was 2.9mm. The sonographer told me that this was still within the normal range of up to 3.4mm but was also higher than usual (i've since read that the average is around 1.44mm-so mine is more than double!!!)I am so so worried-I have been looking up scan pictures online to compare with mine, have been reading so many forums and articles.

I also had my bloods taken and will get the results of these on Friday. I just feel so sick to the stomach with worry that something is wrong.

Has anyone else had experience of a NT measurement like this? Am i worrying over nothing?

xx

Hi Lorna, I know its hard but try not to worry. They will contact you almost straight away if there is a high risk. I was a told that anything under 3.5mm is normal and if you are young and the bloods are normal, you are less likely to be high risk. Obviously there is always a risk and high risk doesn't necessarily mean the baby has it, just that the chances are higher. Try to relax xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If there's any concern they should contact you within 3 working days. I had mine done Thursday with NT measurement of 1.9mm today is my third working day and so far not heard anything. Tomorrow will be 3 days for you so good luck xxx

We had a large NT measure with DS. We decided to pay privately for the Harmony test for peace of mind. It came back negative. DS was born healthy with no issues.

Try not to worry - easier said than done, believe me I know! The NT measurement, unless it's way over normal, isn't at all reliable as an indicator of problems on its own. It's just one factor taken into consideration along with your hcg levels, papp-a levels, age, and whether or not you smoke. Even if you do get labelled as high risk, it doesn't mean there is anything wrong x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back