Now what do I do?

BabyBrain

Reaction score
Ok so week 30 tomorrow :yay: and apart from strutting around like a very fat peacock feeling smug at getting this far......what now?

When can I start trying to make labour as pain and stress free as possible for all of us? (That includes you leanne, as my bump buddy you are going to know every gory detail whatever time of day or night it is lol). I don't want to bring him on before his time but do I start RLT and stuff like that now to help my body get prepared or do I wait? If I do start now what do I do? How often? Since the rabbit took great offence and viciously attacked my space hopper I've got to wait til I get paid to get a ball so that's out for the next 10 days. Is there anything else I can do? xxxxxxxxxxx

I started RLT at 32 weeks, but you can start earlier - it wont bring on labour early it just helps tone things up a bit and make it more efficient. think EPO is even later start, ive not used it yet. xxx

Personally I feel the best preperation for labour is to do all things you can't do once baby is here!!! Lunch with the girls, facials, having your hair done, lay ins, afternoon naps, eating a complete load of rubbish whilst watching some girlie crap on the tv!!! lol.

Kidding! Got no advice hun sorry. Having c-secs has made me totally lazy about that I know that mine will be pain free!! lol. I am actually looking forward to the excitement of your labour watch my bump buddy, I likes a good old drama. lol. xxxxxxx

Oooooh I have done nothing really to help down there but I did start getting really clued up on birth (I had literally no idea about it before! lol) and bought a really great book by Juju Sundin which seems very practical and realistic. I also got a hypnobirthing cd which has started really helping me with sleep...

I've attempted the RLT but fell at the first hurdle. After managing just half a cup (and that was with honey and a bit of sugar to sweeten it), I gave up and haven't attempted to drink it since because I think it's vile! :sick:

I've heard a lot of ladies go on about the perineal massage on here, but personally don't think I'm going to bother with these things. The amount of times I've read on here that women have drank RLT religiously yet it makes no difference - makes me think it's just a waste of time. We all have to go through labour whether we drink it or not, and it's gonna hurt definately! So doubt it makes a huge difference to be honest.

Last edited:
Rach - you can get it in tablet form. i thought the tea was absolutely vile as well :sick: - im not very good at remembering to take the tablets though.

I think a lot of people are confused about what its meant to do. it doesnt make first stage any quicker, and reduces second stage by an average of 10mins!! and it lessens the chance of them having to pop your waters, or the risk of an assisted delivery e.g. forceps.

xxx

Rach - you can get it in tablet form. i thought the tea was absolutely vile as well :sick: - im not very good at remembering to take the tablets though.

I think a lot of people are confused about what its meant to do. it doesnt make first stage any quicker, and reduces second stage by an average of 10mins!! and it lessens the chance of them having to pop your waters, or the risk of an assisted delivery e.g. forceps.

xxx

Yeah I've seen the tablets, but they're quite expensive in my opinion, so I've decided to give them a miss! I really can't see the point of spending all that money if on average its meant to make the second stage slightly easier by just 10 minutes. Hmmm

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

I'm with you Rachel, not going to bother with the tea or capsules, was talking to my mum about this yesterday, she was amazed by the stuff i was telling her people do now a days lol, she was only in labour with me for 2 hours and less than an hour with my sis, infact only just made it to hosp in time, haha, im thinking its just your luck how its going to go and not much can do do change that.

I had thought about perineal massage but several friends bothered and still ended up with stitches/tears etc. Also have a hypnobirthing book but have to say find it quite boring and haven't got past chapter 5 yet!!

dont start rlt until after 32 wks. if you have any cancer or heart issues in ur family dont drink it. i have breast cancer in my family so not going to drink it

what is the issue with the cancer or heart issues vampybear? xx

ive not seen the heart issues stuff - but the cancer bit is to do with cancers that are affected by hormones - such as breast or ovarian cancer - and a lot of the research says its only people suffering from hormone affected cancers who need to avoid it. This is because raspberry leaf can affect your eostrogen levels. It can also effect sugar levels so diabetics need to be wary. xxx

Omg really??? :shock: staying away from that then, my mum had ovarian cancer whilst she was carrying me and I've inherited her cysts

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back