now or later?

helsekia

Reaction score
Ok so ive got weeks to go yet until babe arrives.Everythings fine no problems.i have a 6 year old daughter as well.Its gonna be as much of a shock for her as us cos shes used to being an only one :D

we were originally going to spain again on holiday this year but cancelled as the holiday we booked was 2 weeks after my due date.I want to take my 6 year old away as i dont think its fair she should miss out,she loves haven parks,bradley bear and all that.
my question is I have 2 options go in march for her 7th birthday to a park just half hour away from home but her birthday is only 4weeks from my due date OR wait til after bubs arrives and go in july when he will be about 9 weeks old.

which would you do?go heavily pregnant but just with my daughter who will amuse herself with the pool n kids clubs or wait til babies here?

That really is a hard one, we also have to sacrifice our holiday abroad to, which I'm not too pleased with. But we have booked a Haven Holiday for end of August when baby will be about 4 months old.

If I was you I would probably go when you are still pregnant as like you say she can amuse herself but still get all the attention, if you have a baby that small he might not be sleeping well etc and you will be more restricted in what you do, even though you will still have a big bump you'll probably be able to do more things - stay in the pool longer, not have such strick times on feeding etc, plus it would be a nice thing for her birthday as you won't get chance again.

Good luck on deciding x x

if you think you would be up to doing it all when pg then do it before the baby comes then it will be her day only.
as baby might take up alot of your time wanting feeds ect :)
manda xx

I'd go with before, as it will be your special day with her, and she'll have you all to herself :)

I'm sure going after would work also, but who knows how things are going to go once Baby is born. You may find is a real cryer or something, or is off colour the day you plan to go.

I'd have the day with just the two of you and Bump :)

I would go after personally, just because it will be warmer and you don't know how you'll feel that late in your pregnancy :hug:

im only 32 weeks and i dont think id enjoy a week away right now , unless it ment i couldnt stay in bed all day lol not that u can even do that at home with a 6yr old !

I said before as it will give you chance to spend the time with Kiara before Max takes over :D

i agree with bloom, it'll be nice to spend some time together before the baby is born

Personally, I'd go before... Just because it will be something your daughter will remember as just her time... having a baby will absorb all your attention, especially with her being at that age where she can basically fend for herself. If you go in July, your LO will be the center of your attention, and she might resent him.

I've already explained to Tia that I will not be able to run around with her when the baby arrives and she will have to do things alone... and it was one of the reasons I didn't want to have the baby before xmas because I wanted Tia to have just one more xmas that was HERS and hers alone... Until that point we had lots of problems with jealousy because the baby was getting things and she wasn't... but when she saw the mound of pressies on xmas day and had mummy's entire attention, she has started to feel miles better.

Its a tough decision though because you will be quite far along, although you won't be too far from home.. :hug:

I voted before. I think going away with a 9 week old will be hard work. At least before you can give your daughter your undivided attention.
If you do go into labour early it's not going to be a huge problem if you're only half hour from home.

We're travelling down to devon by car when I'm about 31 weeks.(I won't be doing any driving as I can't drive anyway). I want to see my parents before the babys born as I don't fancy making the journey with a young baby. I've not seen them since May, they won't come up to see us cos they refuse to put their dogs in kennels for a few days :roll:

thanks for the replies ladies,i think we all pretty much think the same way.at first i thoghtyeah goin with a baby would be a doddle but know im thinking it would be exhausting.i suggested to OH we could maybe pick up a weekend away in october or something if we wanted to go as a family,but to be honest a day trip is probably enough until babies a bit more older,its not like he would get any benefitfrom a holiday at a young age would he.

does anyone have any idea whether it would still be ok to go in swimming pools at 36weeks?not the slide obviously :rotfl:

I can't see why you wouldn't be able to go in the pool.
You'll probably find the water relaxing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back