Novovirus bug - Please Help

Guadagnia

Reaction score
Hi ..
Just got back from seeing the emergency doc and I feel a mixture of upset and tired that my little boy has the diahorrea bug. :(

Hes crying dont want his feeds and I really dont want him to be de-hydrate, I spoke to a doctor on the phone initially who said "starve him", how the bloody hell can you starve a 3 week old ! :wall: :wall:

Ive spent the last 3 weeks trying to get him into a routine, so Ive been sent away, with diarolyte and cant help but think he thought fussy mum.

Well yes I am, were my babies health is concerned !!

Anybody else little one got this nasty bug ??

Sorry to rant on but Im warn out and worried

Rgds
Guadagnia

I've heard this bug is sweeping the UK right now. It must be horrible for you with him being so young.

All you can do is try to comfort him, make sure he's getting plenty of fluids.

It must be exhausting for you. Are you BF-ing? How are you giving the diarolyte?

:hug:

Hi Sammy,
No not breast feeding as on antibiotics myself, for throat infection :wall:
The diarolyte hes having in a bottle, which thank-god he is taking hes just gets very upset, and im having to change him 4-6 times per hour.

Poor Little Mite :pray:

Hopefully this will pass quickly, I wish I could have it for him

Rgds
Guadagnia

poor little mite. You're doing a great job hun. Hope he gets better soon. Make sure you both get plenty of rest, you need to keep your strength up.
:hug: :hug:

Oh how horrible for you both. :hug: :hug: :hug:

I hope your lo gets over this nasty bug soon, and I really hope that you don't get it too. xxx

We have all had it before Christmas. Nathan was 10 months though so not as bad. Once he stopped vomiting he was straight back on his food. We all had no appetites for a couple of days after but there was no stopping him. He defiantly dealt with it better than us. Hope hes feeling better real soon :hug:

It will pass in a day or two but he may get bad nappies for about a week or so afterwards. Just make sure he gets plenty of fluids down him. Eefie was still taking his bottles thankfully as he wont touch anything other than milk but he was ok after 24 hours of voimitting and a week of bad bad nappies :puke:

Just make sure you clean and bleach everything you can.. Noravirus isn't airborn, but is spread via direct contact, so you need to be really stringent with your cleaning.

Tia had it a few days before xmas, and I am a bit OCD when it comes to tummy bugs because with my Crohn's I can end up in hospital really quickly and luckily I didn't get it.

She had vomiting for about 24 hours, nausea for 48 and diarrhoea for about a week.

I know it's cruel starving them, but really, the best thing is to let their tiny bellies rest and heal... as much as possible and the only way to do that is by not giving it anything to digest... Once they have managed to not be sick for about 48 hours then you can reintroduce food (i.e milk), but slowly at first.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Its a really horrible thing to watch them go through :hug: :hug: :hug:

aww, i cant help but i hope hes better soon :hug:

Oh the poor thing :hug: I hope he's feeling better soon :hug:

My OH has been up all night with it. And to be honest I'm feeling a bit queasy :roll: Not good for someone that has a phobia of being sick :|

*Goes to bleach the whole house*

Squiglet said:
Just make sure you clean and bleach everything you can.. Noravirus isn't airborn, but is spread via direct contact, so you need to be really stringent with your cleaning.

:

Its highly contageous. Eefie got it first and he hardly sees anybody outside the household and the only thing I could think of was you know when those older ladies touch your babies cheeks when you're out going Ooooh and ahhhhh, I swear he got it from that. Once he'd come out with the vomitting it was too late as we'd all been in direct contact so once it passed I dettoled everywhere!!!

We all had this a few weeks before christmas, its awful and completely drains you. When Leif had it he had diorrhea for 3 weeks and slept so much and wouldnt eat anything, he still isnt completely right.

If it is the Norovirus he has then you need to keep him away from people for a few days and you will more than likely get it to if you havent had it already so make sure you have some help to hand if you need it. Make sure he has plenty of water and some diralyte but you cant starve him. Milk was sometimes all that Leif would drink.

Hope he feels better soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back