Not what I was expecting from Fertility Monitor!

M1chelle

Reaction score
So I bought a Clear Blue fertility monitor, mostly because I like gadgets and I don't think I'd get along with OPKs. I've had it for nearly two months but you can only use it straight after your period so I missed the window last month and had to wait.

So it's supposed to tell you your six days of fertility, as soon as it recognises the rise in estrogen that happens before the LH surge. But I'm now on day 13 and still 'low' fertility! This wouldn't be so bad if I had long cycles but mine are between 26-30 days. So it has definitely got me wondering (not worried... yet!) if all is in working order. It does say it can miss the estrogen rise and skip straight to 'peak' when the LH surges but this is if tests are done incorrectly.. Unless I'm really that incompetent that I can't pee on a stick for three seconds, I'm not sure!!

Obviously it's still wait and see but I needed to talk about it!

I've got no experience with the monitor, however I'm sure I've read that it takes a couple of cycles to 'get to know you' before it becomes accurate. Hang in there and as long as you're dtd every 2-3 days then you'll be covered xx

Hi, I have the CB ovulation monitor. Last month I used cheap opks unto my line was getting darker then started using the monitor (I think they're too expensive to use every day). On the Saturday I still has low fertility but on the Sunday morning went straight to a peak (I knew I was ovulating I could feel the pains) - we dtd that day and I got a bfp 11 days later (ended in m/c though) so mine was accurate. It can definitely go from low to peak quickly so don't stress. I would definitely get some cheap opks online too,I use them 3 times a day when I get near ovulation! I also have a 26-28 day cycle and usually ovulate between day 12 and 14. Good luck xx

Hi, I have the CB ovulation monitor. Last month I used cheap opks unto my line was getting darker then started using the monitor (I think they're too expensive to use every day). On the Saturday I still has low fertility but on the Sunday morning went straight to a peak (I knew I was ovulating I could feel the pains) - we dtd that day and I got a bfp 11 days later (ended in m/c though) so mine was accurate. It can definitely go from low to peak quickly so don't stress. I would definitely get some cheap opks online too,I use them 3 times a day when I get near ovulation! I also have a 26-28 day cycle and usually ovulate between day 12 and 14. Good luck xx

First of all, I'm sorry for your loss but thank you for the vote of confidence! I'm hoping mine will shoot straight to peak or might mean that my luteal phase is really short! I guess we'll see! I'm not going to get excited about it suddenly working for us as we would still have BD around the same times anyway, I just wouldn't have known if it was definitely the right time! My hubby is away during the week so it will be useful to know if it's worth him getting a day off to come home etc!

It still says low!! Hopefully it will say peak tomorrow as hubby will be home again. What's the minimum luteal phase that you should have?

Fertility friend days luteal phase normally ranges between 10-16 days

Hi M1chelle, this is my first cycle using a clearblue fertility monitor too! I found a useful post on another forum as I'm having a similar issue - I've been having highs since CD6 (I'm CD12 now) without a single low. I don't think I'm allowed to post the link so I'll paste a snippet for you:

3. I haven't gotten any highs. I just went low to peak, is that normal?
Yes. It can happen that way. Hopefully, the monitor will get to know you and start to give you highs, but it may not depending on how estrogen is processed in your body and how quickly your LH surge happens. The estrogen level can change as well, so it doesn't only happen the first 3 months with the monitor. Depending on what you eat, and other environmental factors, estrogen can vary from one cycle to another. If the estrogen increase happens the same time an LH surge is detected, you will go low to peak.

Hope this gives you some reassurance xx

Last edited:
Hi M1chelle, this is my first cycle using a clearblue fertility monitor too! I found a useful post on another forum as I'm having a similar issue - I've been having highs since CD6 (I'm CD12 now) without a single low. I don't think I'm allowed to post the link so I'll paste a snippet for you:

3. I haven't gotten any highs. I just went low to peak, is that normal?
Yes. It can happen that way. Hopefully, the monitor will get to know you and start to give you highs, but it may not depending on how estrogen is processed in your body and how quickly your LH surge happens. The estrogen level can change as well, so it doesn't only happen the first 3 months with the monitor. Depending on what you eat, and other environmental factors, estrogen can vary from one cycle to another. If the estrogen increase happens the same time an LH surge is detected, you will go low to peak.

Hope this gives you some reassurance xx

Thanks hun. I hope this is the case but I'm not too convinced at the moment. Cervix felt quite open the last few days, doesn't feel as good today. CM seems to be changing from wet (I don't really seem to get EWCM, just get quite wet) to a bit creamy. I'm wondering whether it's missed it. I really hope it hasn't just happened as that means we are pushing it in terms of getting pregnant, last DTD Sun lunchtime. He'll be home late tonight though so we'll get straight onto it!!

Good luck to you!

Last edited:
I am so confused with this all. I got a high about five days ago and have had highs ever since. But I should be having AF in the next 3-7 days. And my symptoms don't marry up in some respects as my CM has gone creamy as it normally does later in the cycle. But my fibrocystic breasts aren't anywhere near as lumpy or painful as they would normally be by now.

Now I've got cystitis symptoms but no infection. Wish I could just stay under my duvet all day..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back